Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elftmann trigger being damaged.

Rifle only has about 300 rounds through it. Trigger is elftmann ar9. Bolt is glock style and buffer is an angstadt arms with spring and spacer. Hammer does not reset at least once per 33 round mag. It loads a new round but cannot fire. I know this is a common issue but I've never seen a trigger get chewed up. Please help and thanks.94afcba5dd26e62eec96cd0c4bb64602.jpg7de8e8fb65dfba2a65b345086a2741e4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

The hammer looks like it's coming into hard contact with the bolt at several points in the cycle. The impact from the firing pin seems pretty consistent. Is there any way the FCG is riding higher than it should be?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The hammer looks like it's coming into hard contact with the bolt at several points in the cycle. The impact from the firing pin seems pretty consistent. Is there any way the FCG is riding higher than it should be?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It could be but the pins fit right in both fcg's

If it were mine, I would polish the rear of bolt that’s probably making the dings in top of hammer. I would also polish the bottom of bolt that resets hammer. Polish. With a fine stone. Remove burrs. (Not being sarcastic. Just trying to be clear. I know people that immediately reach for a dremel to “polish” and end up with wrecked parts)

I would also smooth out the hammer face to remove burrs and polish the hammer face. Don’t remove a lot of material because that can cause problems with reset. 

If if you feel up to disassembling the FIre Control Group, a few pictures of trigger nose and hammer notch would be enlightening 

So... i installed a geissele ssp with old bolt...racked the bolt and held the trigger. Would not reset when released. I installed a new anagstd arms hybrid bolt...does the same thing. Can't fire til tomorrow but does not look promising. Not sure what the issue can be. I have built ( and own) 30+ rifles and have not had one give me fits like this.

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2018 at 7:10 AM, TacticalFun said:

Was a new frontier style 80% lower that was finished by a local shop and serialized. I have since purchased a b&t apc9 to get my 9mm fix

Did they offer some kind of solution?

6 minutes ago, TacticalFun said:

Rifle is gone already sold it as a project for cheap with all spare parts. Bought a b&t apc9 and ordered a jp dual charger

My pcc gave me alot of trouble in the past but my last match ran for about 400 rounds.