Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Sandbagger123

repair pro chrono worth it?

my trusty pro chrono digital decided that it was not worth staying in this world and jumped in front of a bullet.  a call to the comp electronic factory was in order. the nice lady told me it would be half the retail price and shipping . seeing that msrp is 115 for it that 57.50 for the repair and $12 shipping. the cost for me to ship it to the would be about $12. That's $81.50 for the math challenged.  

i see them all the time on sale for a $70- 80 online .   So those that did send on back to the mothership, how much did they charge you?   

Buy a new one, that will serve you better in the long run.

Buy a Labradar,  it wont jump in front of the bullet and it will be the only one you will ever buy so its a good investment.

Love mine, no more light issues, etc.

buy a new one... get the assassinated one repaired … sell it on Ebay to re-coop some money..

I went with the half price deal.  As you note, the shipping both ways runs it up to not much less than the sale price of a new one.  Well, I DID get a new unit, the old one being irreparable.

I'd admire to have a Labradar but it costs five times as much and I am not doing as much chronographing as I used to.  The local range was not interested in hiring me to run chrono for their customers.