Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mantis

Stuey

It has improved my support hand and strong/dominant handed shooting. I have used it for live fire, as well.

I practice with new configurations on my pistols before going live, also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought this due to some of the reviews. I played around with it a little. I think for me, it will let me know if I'm getting sloppy or lazy with my dry fire practice.

I'm hoping in live fire it will let me know if I'm anticipating the shot, breaking, squezing etc. I feel like in dry fire I do pretty decent (and according to my scores on Mantis I'm doing good) but I think when it comes to live fire, I'm breaking my rests and applying uneven pressure with my grip. If you saw my shot groups you would probably agree. So, I'm hoping it can help me become more consistent and keep me honest.

4 hours ago, CrashDodson said:

what kind of guns are you putting this on?  I have a 2011 with a rail, but something attached to it wouldn't let me draw from my alpha x holster reliably.  

The have mounts for the end of magazines.

Edited by LMS

what kind of guns are you putting this on?  I have a 2011 with a rail, but something attached to it wouldn't let me draw from my alpha x holster reliably.  

Mine is on CZ Shadow rail. It is like having a light or a laser on the end. You have to have a modified holster to use it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Just cut up a section of any plastic rail section and some of the red backed gray 3M tape from the autoparts store and you are all set. I run my 34,23,43 Glocks and my 1911s and even my S&W 52-2

on the Glock 43 an ETS 9 round mag gets it below your grip nicely ( I also shoot GSSF)  it really helps keep you honest when it "feels good" but isn't and just how bad support hand only is.

the Compresed surprise break feature is good for timer beep reactions ( shot ) or draw from holster on the first beep at least as the beeps are tight for resets but not enough time to reset and reholster for me at least.

They are working on an upgrade header for draw from holster I am told, they do upgrades to software about every 5-7 weeks  so who knows whats next.

Is it the be all end all training tool ?  no but it is a very handy club in the training bag..

I have toyed with it on my AR but haven't really set up anything yet to see where I need work on a rifle.