Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 trigger smoothness in DA?

Wrecks

Hey all, had a question for you: 

On my 2018 Shadow 2, I'm noticing that the trigger has a bit of a "catch" when you initially begin to pull it from DA. Like, when you first start to pull it back, it will feel like it's locked in the forward position but then it will release and the rest of the pull is very smooth and responsive. It's not hard to get it to release, but you have to apply about 20% more pressure on the trigger to get it to start moving, but then it's fine once you do.

Has anyone else had this? Is there a part that needs to be polished to get this to where it starts as smoothly as the rest of the pull? For reference I have:

-stock trigger

-stock disco

-stock hammer/sear

-CGW trigger pin and reduced trigger spring

-CGW 13# main spring (fresh, no live rounds through it yet, but I also have the gold 15# spring and the stock spring and they do the same thing)

Have you checked your trigger bar lifter spring? It might be caught or binding. If you changed or worked on the magazine release, you would have removed the screw which is staked in from the factory, but that spring which is held with the screw controls the upward force on the trigger bar.

If the screw is still staked in, pop the spring out and give it a slight flex up to check if the Spring has enough tension.

I think I know what the OP is talking about. On mine, there's a little bit of an easy 2lb or so pre-travel before it hits a firm 6-7lb second stage just before the half-cock engagement then it's all smooth 5-6lb pull to trigger breaking.

Check your trigger bar for rough spots, especially on the two little knobs on top that ride on the slide when you pull the trigger.  Also check to makes sure there's no grit buildup between the trigger bar and the frame.  I try to scrub between the trigger bar and frame with a toothbrush and lube that area lightly with the same lube I use for the slide; it seems to make a difference.

Good to know.  I also have the CGW trigger pin.  I'll have to start lubing it as a precaution.  Maybe it will smooth out my trigger even more (if that's even possible).