Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Labradar on sale at Brownells

It’s $50 off + the 10% off coupon brought the total to $458.96 out the door.

I was literally going to buy another brand for around $75, but everyone convinced me to buy once, cry once.  I just hope I’m not in over my head as this is my first chrono.

Anyway, just wanted to share this great deal!

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't go to this unit as your first. I have the labradar. What are your uses going to be? It has some good features but it is limited in other ways. They just released a bluetooth for your phone. It is also very limited. The Competition Electronics is a great unit. Especially if you are just starting out. It's $93 on Amazon. Save your money on this one. $460.00 is a lot to pay for this new technology unit. The company is very slow to release fixes and up grades. The CE unit is proven tech and is fairly user friendly( unless you shoot it). Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks for your feedback Youngeyes...I’m going to use it for:

9mm super and subs

300 BO super and subs

Im in S Fl... during this time of year it is sunny one minute and cloudy and overcast the next.

Many of my friends have struggled with other chronos... I figure it is a bargain at this price.  If it doesn’t work I will simply return it. 

It sounds like you  have thought this out. Good. You hit the one thing that the labradar does well. It isn't dependent on lighting conditions. It is also nice to not have to setup down range. Post your impressions here when you have had time to try it out.

1 hour ago, 1911FL said:

Thanks again Young...are you not happy with your Labradar?

Thanks again.

I'm not unhappy with it but I expected more from it. I'm thrilled that I don't have to setup down range. I had the lighting fixed by just using a light kit on my Competition Electronic chrono. With the light kit on a all times the lighting conditions don't matter.  The labradar wont allow you to shoot two strings at once. Example.. if you shoot one load you must be done before you try out another load. When you switch to another string it finalizes the last one. I can't go back to string 1 and shoot anymore because I started a new string. My first radar was defective but it took several send backs at my cost for them to finally send me a new one. Their software updates are non existent and it took forever for the blue tooth ap. They were promising the ap for a very long time. It just came out and it's limited. The blue tooth for my other chronro is much more effective. My overall impression is that it is still at the beta testing phase. The controls are not intuitive and the manual is not well written. I have my own cheat sheet to help me remember the sequences to run the radar. It may be easier for you because you will learn for the first time on the labradar. I'm not a very tech savy guy . The bottom line is that I like the labradar enough that I use it the most when I chrono loads. I hope this all made sense to you.

My suggestion is to go with the Labradar.  Mine has been hugely reliable, and i get perfect data with my 9mm, 223 and 308.  The only time i ever miss a shot is if i forget to arm it.  I love the new app and how it averages Power Factor on each shot, or i can see it on each shot.  It did take them a while, but as a friend once told me, "do you want a rifle, or a rifle that shoots well". Its worth the money. When you think about it, if they had not told people the app was coming out then just deployed it nobody would be whining about it. I think you will be really happy with it. When i had questions they had great tech support by guys that actually use it.

4 hours ago, Rwm983 said:

My suggestion is to go with the Labradar.  Mine has been hugely reliable, and i get perfect data with my 9mm, 223 and 308...

One thing to consider though is that, based on match chronographs, Labradar seems measure 15-20 fps faster than the CE units. So, I'd add at least that much cushion to one's loads trying to make power factor.

On 6/22/2018 at 12:37 PM, 1911FL said:

Awesome feedback RWM...how do u mount yours when you use it?  Thanks again.

I set it on a tripod in front of my bench if my barrel is too long like when i use a suppressor. Otherwise i use a mini tripod.

Its amazingly accurate.