Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Removing Para basepads?

matteekay

So... I feel stupid and would really appreciate some help in feeling less stupid, lol.

I just picked up another 2011 and this one uses Para-style mags. Some of mine have this style of basepad:

41103784810_deebfbe2e3_c.jpg

I can't figure out how to remove them for the life of me. Pushing down on the interior "key" of the spring guide (like I do with every other mag ever) causes the basepad to lock into place. Trying to slide the basepad off without pushing down on that part has a little more give but then seizes up before I can slide the pad all the way off. 

Help me, BEnosverse. You're my only hope.

46 minutes ago, matteekay said:

Thank you! I love it when the solution is "apply more force".

Your'e welcome :) i have a pair of old style 130mm STI magazines (preban?)where i use those original Para base pads in open but without the insert. 

Edited by Grendel
Damm autocorrect ..

Getchya some Taylor's for that thing, same process just better quality!

I was going to search to see if people were having success with them. I know mags can be a little finicky on these guns - if the TF ones work, that’ll be all I need.

I have some in red I may be getting rid of. I can only have 10rd mags so I bought them to clear the TF fattie magwell but they make the mag 145 +/-  wanted to use for USPSA  Im waiting on the mail for the Dawson .300 pads  to see if those will clear the magwell.  Not sure if they fit STI para mags. I have them on mecgar mags.  

Pm me if you are interested. 

59ADF06A-13E2-4F18-8410-B88A72D09570.jpeg

11 hours ago, matteekay said:

Gah, I just ordered a set.

Is that true, though? They're too long for USPSA Limited? That's a bummer since TF advertises them as "meeting the 140mm rule for USPSA".

Well, silly me. I just double checked my measurement and I messed up. I think I measured to longest dimension of the mag instead of to the top of the rear portion. My mistake. 

So looks like I may have a couple dawson extensions I need to get rid of!!  Haha!

Sorry man. 

Edited by Bmeehan19

On 6/23/2018 at 7:56 AM, Bmeehan19 said:

Well, silly me. I just double checked my measurement and I messed up. I think I measured to longest dimension of the mag instead of to the top of the rear portion. My mistake. 

So looks like I may have a couple dawson extensions I need to get rid of!!  Haha!

Sorry man. 

I'll buy the para Dawson basepads if you sell them.