Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just did trigger swap on Ruger PC...question.

Hi folks.

I just swapped the stock trigger on my Ruger PC to the Volquartsen 10/22 trigger. Straight forward swap, no issues. And the trigger much improved.

My question is are the folks who have done this, are you using the factory return spring? Using the one from the kit make for very spunggy and light trigger return.

So I am using the factory one and it feels better.

A side note. I am also using the factory hammer spring. I tried the one in the kit vs the factory one and I can feel no difference in trigger pull so I kept the factory one for piece of mind against light strikes.

23 hours ago, BigBamBoo said:

My question is are the folks who have done this, are you using the factory return spring? Using the one from the kit make for very spunggy and light trigger return.

So I am using the factory one and it feels better.

If you're familiar with the 10/22 then you already know to install the hammer spring retaining C-clip with the open side UP.  If you like a light trigger with a good reset, try the Bobby Pin trigger return spring.  http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167898

I run the light return spring and plunger in the factory location and also the Bobby Pin trigger return spring.  It adds very little to the pull weight, but makes the reset much quicker and no spongey!

Its not suprising, strong trigger reset is not really a priority for the crowd those kits are aimed at. Hopefully there will be PC specific parts in the near future. Still miles better than any AR trigger in the same price range.