Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Extractor needed: factory or Springer?

Mcfoto

I've been having Failure to Feed problems with my XDm 9 that have gotten worse. Yesterday, I took a good look with my lighted magnifying glass and it appears half the claw is missing. I'm facing the dilemma of whether to send it in to Springfield on the chance they might do the work gratis or buy the aftermarket Springer extractor and have my guy put it in at $50 for the part and a couple bucks to the smith (who takes top-shelf bourbon in payment). Anyone have experience with the Springer? Is it worth the upgrade? (Yes, Scott Springer I know you're on here and I'd love to give you the business. But free is free.) 

If you bought it new it carries a lifetime warranty, and Springfield Armory is very good to deal with.  You run the risk of the part you buy not totally fixing the problem and may have to send it in any way.  Ive had to send my XDM in for warranty work before for a cracked breechface, no questions asked, had a shipping label that day and turnaround time wasn't bad at all.  Came back good as new and cost me nothing.

10 hours ago, dave33 said:

If you bought it new it carries a lifetime warranty, and Springfield Armory is very good to deal with.  You run the risk of the part you buy not totally fixing the problem and may have to send it in any way.  Ive had to send my XDM in for warranty work before for a cracked breechface, no questions asked, had a shipping label that day and turnaround time wasn't bad at all.  Came back good as new and cost me nothing.

Well, 24 hours from email with photo of extractor to Springfield and no response. Guess I have to pick up the phone. What is this, 1998?

If you ordered from Springer it would already be in the mail. :)

Springfield Armory is top notch, and I have had great customer service from them....  I'm sure they will take great care of you. And, as you said, for free. 

1 hour ago, Mcfoto said:

Well, 24 hours from email with photo of extractor to Springfield and no response. Guess I have to pick up the phone. What is this, 1998?

I've always called, never tried the email contact before. Hope they get you straightened out fast. 

I had the rear sight break, called 1st, then email pic's no problem with replacement. I needed it for a match and had to pay $10 for overnight shipping.