Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Extra power mag springs for production?

rootacres

I have a tendency to ride the slide release a little with my support hand preventing the slide from locking back on the last round. In production running the gun dry isn't that uncommon for me. Would adding extra power mag springs make a difference for me or should I just concentrate on locking my hand in slightly lower?

Ever tried moving your support hand slightly forward so its not putting too much pressure on the slide release? I have a high grip as well and my support hand is hitting the slide release but not enough pressure to prevent it from locking the slide. This is with a non-extended slide release. 

I have this problem too. Not always but regularly. Stage and reload planning is my biggest deterrent.

My hand is pretty high and forward. Go to the range and find a grip that works, load one, find a good grip and shoot, repeat til you find one that gives you everything you want. Dry fire 2-3k times from a holster practicing that grip change.

I have meaty hands so I cant always prevent it, I also have a high and forward grip (not vogel level of forward, but close). My limited gun doesn't have that feature, so I'm a bit more used to it and just try and mag change before I run into the problem, and/or on the move. The way I see it, the mag change is going to happen if I need it to finish the COF, so I'm not losing any time vs running the gun dry...

now in IDPA, where they have those super not tactical/logical reload rules... that's a different story.