Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Salomon Speedcross life? How much wear?

CTJer

Im pretty impressed with these altra king MT.  They stop so much better than my Salomon or inov8.  I'll be sticking with these for a while I think. The toe box area is really wide and there is just tons of traction.  Dont know how well they will do in mud, hopefully wont find out. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How do these trail runner shoes do on smooth surfaces like concrete? I shoot in a good bit of indoor matches and wondering if these would be "worse" on concrete than standard type running shoes. My running shoes are obviously terrible outdoors but I dont really want to have 2 pairs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Speedcross (or other trail shoes) have been the best thing I have found for indoor matches on concrete.  

I got about 3 years out of my first pair before they started to wear out, I only wear them at matches or outdoor range practice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 6:24 AM, jschweg said:

How do these trail runner shoes do on smooth surfaces like concrete? I shoot in a good bit of indoor matches and wondering if these would be "worse" on concrete than standard type running shoes. My running shoes are obviously terrible outdoors but I dont really want to have 2 pairs.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

My Speedcrosses are terrible indoors on smooth / painted concrete range floors.  I find regular running shoes work a lot better.  Basketball shoes might be good, never tried though.

I found the Speed Cross to be a little too thin under the ball of the foot.  They were great if I never got off the grass.  Not so great in rocks or gravel.  Can't complain much as they are a "trail shoe".  I thought they wore down a little fast for the price paid.  I replaced them with the XA-Pro 3D GTX.