Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to CZ. Any recommendations...

Turbo0321

I just switch from shooting glocks in production division, to the CZ shadow 2. I made the switch about a month ago and have focused solely on dry fire (partially because I also switched to bullets facing out on my belt) One of my shadows Is currently at Magnus Sports getting worked over by JJ and the other I threw In a Rami spring, extended firing pin, and 13lb main spring. 

Any tips or tricks to get these things running smooth would be appreciated. 

Edited by Turbo0321

11 hours ago, Turbo0321 said:

I just switch from shooting glocks in production division, to the CZ shadow 2. I made the switch about a month ago and have focused solely on dry fire (partially because I also switched to bullets facing out on my belt) One of my shadows Is currently at Magnus Sports getting worked over by JJ and the other I threw In a Rami spring, extended firing pin, and 13lb main spring. 

Any tips or tricks to get these things running smooth would be appreciated. 

I've found running plenty of oil on the rails, locking lug, and the tip of the barrel. Also, just a drop of oil on the sear and trigger return springs is nice. You'll want to get another TRS for the spare parts kit. The floating TR-Pin from CGW is really nice vs the OEM roll pin. I've heard that the shadow 2 fixes the common slide stop breaking issue. Not really sure. Also, ditch those buffers if it's using them. They just end up getting torn up and then causing a jam at the most inopportune time.

2 hours ago, jduvel said:

If you haven't already polish all your contact points and it should be ready to run. 

Aweosme I recently purchased some buffing wheels and compound for my Dremel. I was planning of polishing some areas 

57 minutes ago, chrisstophere said:

I've found running plenty of oil on the rails, locking lug, and the tip of the barrel. Also, just a drop of oil on the sear and trigger return springs is nice. You'll want to get another TRS for the spare parts kit. The floating TR-Pin from CGW is really nice vs the OEM roll pin. I've heard that the shadow 2 fixes the common slide stop breaking issue. Not really sure. Also, ditch those buffers if it's using them. They just end up getting torn up and then causing a jam at the most inopportune time.

What kind of oil do you use on your S2? I think I’m going to have one of my pistols set up with the complete CGW kit. But I’ll make sure to Purchase a few extra TRS’s. I’ve read nothing but bad things about those shock buffers. I’m surprised CZ uses them if they tear apart and cause malfunctions with how much thought went into the pistols. 

Edited by Turbo0321

I own a full custom from Automatic Accuracy, and a factory S2 with minor changes.

I can safely say skip the kits and all the extra parts. The difference is minor for a lot of money.  Change the springs and firing pin. Switch sights and grips to fit your preferences. Lightly polish contact points. It will be ready to go.

18 minutes ago, Turbo0321 said:

What kind of oil do you use on your S2? I think I’m going to have one of my pistols set up with the complete CGW kit. But I’ll make sure to Purchase a few extra TRS’s. I’ve read nothing but bad things about those shock buffers. I’m surprised CZ uses them if they tear apart and cause malfunctions with how much thought went into the pistols. 

I’m using slide glide on the rails and Lucas oil everywhere else that doesn’t require grease.

2 minutes ago, Sliv2 said:

I can safely say skip the kits and all the extra parts. The difference is minor for a lot of money.  Change the springs and firing pin. Switch sights and grips to fit your preferences. Lightly polish contact points. It will be ready to go.

Yeah That makes sense and I’m sure would save me money. Is there better sight options out there? I hear a lot of guys run the CZC adjustable rear. I’ve added the LOK palm swell grips to one of the guns and like the feel and texture 

Right now it's Lucas but only because of the applicator bottle it comes with. I have yet to be able to feel a difference in any oils I've used.
Now I used to used slideglide grease and could tell a difference right away. Unfortunately, it was a bad difference compared to traditional oil.

12 minutes ago, chrisstophere said:

Right now it's Lucas but only because of the applicator bottle it comes with. I have yet to be able to feel a difference in any oils I've used.
Now I used to used slideglide grease and could tell a difference right away. Unfortunately, it was a bad difference compared to traditional oil.

Awesome I appreciate the info. I’ll probably pick up some Lucas oil. Having  that bottle it comes in seems like it would make getting oil where you want it a little easier 

36 minutes ago, Turbo0321 said:

Yeah That makes sense and I’m sure would save me money. Is there better sight options out there? I hear a lot of guys run the CZC adjustable rear. I’ve added the LOK palm swell grips to one of the guns and like the feel and texture 

I kept the factory rear and added a .240 x .09 Dawson front. I don't switch ammo so I've felt zero need for a more adjustable rear. 

ETA: +1 for the Lucas oil bottle (just for application ease). Any oil is fine. I use slide glide during the warmer months on the rails. 

Edited by Sliv2

11 minutes ago, Sliv2 said:

I kept the factory rear and added a .240 x .09 Dawson front. I don't switch ammo so I've felt zero need for a more adjustable rear. 

I have the Dawson adjustable rear on my Glock 34 and My limited gun and like them. But I honestly haven’t even shot my Shadow 2s yet. I have 2000rds of magtech 115gr that I used to practice with my Glock and some 147gr freedom HP rounds I used for matches but haven’t begun the ammo search. I have a new 1050 on the way just for my production ammo needs, now that I’m getting serious about competing but I’m sure that will be a trial and error process figuring what both the gun and I like best 

Edited by Turbo0321

For my shadow 2, I’ve had good results with 124/125 Gr FMJ and coated bullets with Winchester 231. I’ll be trying to load 135 Gr RNFP from Gallant bullets once I received my order. I have read a lot of guys having good results with the 125 Gr bullets they’re using. They say it can be loaded to 1.135” OAL for the CZs. We’ll see.

1 hour ago, George16 said:

For my shadow 2, I’ve had good results with 124/125 Gr FMJ and coated bullets with Winchester 231. I’ll be trying to load 135 Gr RNFP from Gallant bullets once I received my order. I have read a lot of guys having good results with the 125 Gr bullets they’re using. They say it can be loaded to 1.135” OAL for the CZs. We’ll see.

Yeah I was honesty Leaning towards 124s or 135s to start out with to test the waters. Going from 115gr practice rounds to 147gr Rounds during matches really had me noticing the sluggish feel of the 147s, I didn’t care for the feeling. 

I have read on this forum that the shock buffer on the recoil spring doesn't show much wear until about 8,000 rounds.  The gun comes with a few.  I have been running mine with it in until it shows some wear.  Then,  I am going to put a new one in.

On 5/8/2018 at 2:12 PM, Macinaw said:

I have read on this forum that the shock buffer on the recoil spring doesn't show much wear until about 8,000 rounds.  The gun comes with a few.  I have been running mine with it in until it shows some wear.  Then,  I am going to put a new one in.

Thats what I was thinking as well. I disassemble my guns before matches and practice sessions to clean and lube them. Checking the structural integrity of the shock buffer before reassembly and changing it if it shows signs of wear I don’t feel would be an issue for me.