Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Source for Shadow 2 Right-Hand Thin Safety Only?

Steve133

I did a quick search of this forum and didn't find anything exactly on this subject, but please feel free to yell at me and point at a prior thread if I'm missing where this question has come up before.

I'm currently tweaking a customized Tactical Sport for use in 3-gun. Since I'm going to be abandoning the pistol in the occasional dump bucket, I'd really like to avoid having the safety flip itself off if I happen to catch it against the side of the bucket in the wrong way. I've already replaced the stock safety detent spring with a stiffer aftermarket unit, but to be on the safe side, I'd also like to look at changing up the safety lever geometry itself. I understand that the Shadow 2 safeties will work with a TS frame, and the thin Shadow 2 safety looks to be a nice solution. I've found a few outlets that sell Shadow 2 safety sets with a wide left-hand lever and a thin right-hand lever, which would be a perfect setup for my purposes... but they're all in Canada (apparently, Canadian Shadow 2s ship in that configuration or something?), I'm in the U.S., and the Canadian vendors can't ship internationally. Also found some European vendors (like Sebo) that do ship internationally and have some individual safety levers available, but not the exact ones that I'd need.

All of the domestic vendors that I can find just sell sets of wide safeties or sets of thin safeties, and it seems like a bit of a waste to drop $90 on a thin safety set when i'm only going to use one of them. I'll do that if I have to do, but before that, figured I'd ask: does anyone know of a source for buying individual right-hand thin safety levers for a Shadow 2 (or maybe even a set with a wide left-side lever and thin right-side one)?

I have a set of wide left and thin right from my shadow 2. It came with the gun along with the extended safety. I took out the thin set (wide left, thin right) and installed the extended safety when I got my gun from my FFL.

I also have a set of TSO safety that I replaced with the Shadow 2 extended safety available.

pm me if you want to buy it. I’m in the US too.

Edited by George16

19 hours ago, George16 said:

I have a set of wide left and thin right from my shadow 2. It came with the gun along with the extended safety. I took out the thin set (wide left, thin right) and installed the extended safety when I got my gun from my FFL.

I also have a set of TSO safety that I replaced with the Shadow 2 extended safety available.

pm me if you want to buy it. I’m in the US too.

Thanks, George. Done and done.

19 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

A Dremel or a belt sander or a hand file + a vice and a bit of touch up blue ($6.00 ish ) at any gun store.

An excellent suggestion, and 5 years ago, I would have jumped straight to that option without bugging anyone... but my work/life balance has shifted more towards the "work" side recently. Fortunately, that means that I've got a little more money to pay for parts and/or work, since I don't have the time to do them myself....

Thanks for the inputs, everyone! Think I've got it figured out.

On 4/27/2018 at 9:02 PM, magpulled said:

I’ve got a thin set for a shadow 2 I’d sale for a reasonable price. On if interested 

Thanks for the offer... kind of shame that I already jumped on another solution, since this would be kind of fitting. It's a new slide and barrel, but I think that the frame of the pistol I'm putting that safety on would look VERY familiar to you....