Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arkansas Section 3 Gun Championship

Greetings 3 Gunners,

The Arkansas Section is proud to announce our 4th annual 3 Gun Championship Match, to be held at Old Fort Gun Club, in Fort Smith, AR, on Oct. 29-30, 2005.

For an application and more info, see attachments, or visit www.uspsa4.org/matches.

The prize table is coming together, and more info will be posted soon.

Come shoot with us,

Clay Binyon

Match Director

STAGES for the Arkansas Section 3 Gun are now posted at:

http://www.uspsa4.org/matches

Ark_Sec_3_Gun_Entry_2005.rtf

ARSection_3Gun_Championship_2005_INFO.rtf

Edited by dvc2a

Wouldn't this be the 3rd. annual 3 gun as last years was a 2 gun match. Looking forward to it none the less, what we got to shoot last year was a great match even being abbreviated. You guys put on a good match count me in. Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Clay

Too bad I missed last years match. I will be there this year and I'll bring a 3rd gun just in case it doesn't rain. :lol:

I told Hyden that I would be happy to RO. I wont be able to help with set up though. I'm trying to score a free night or two's stay with Ryan if he still lives in the FS area. I hope I don't embarrass myself too much with a rifle or shotgun stages. :blink:

I should make this months pistol match and I can talk with you then in more detail.

• 1 month later...
Clay

Too bad I missed last years match.  I will be there this year and I'll bring a 3rd gun just in case it doesn't rain. :lol:

I told Hyden that I would be happy to RO.  I wont be able to help with set up though.  I'm trying to score a free night or two's stay with Ryan if he still lives in the FS area. I hope I don't embarrass myself too much with a rifle or shotgun stages.  :blink:

I should make this months pistol match and I can talk with you then in more detail.

• 1 month later...

DEADLINE FOR EARLY ENTRY IS SATURDAY OCTOBER 15TH.

MATCH FEE INCREASES TO $100 AFTER THIS DATE.

PRIZE TABLE IS VALUED AT OVER $5000 AND WILL AWARDED BY RANDOM DRAWING TO MATCH PARTICIPANTS. PRIZES INCLUDE A SPRINGFIELD LOADED .45 AUTO, A REMINGTON 11-87 SHOTGUN, AND A TWO DAY TRAINING CLASS AT TDSA. MATCH SPONSORS AS OF TODAY INCLUDE:

US Shooting Academy

Tulsa Defensive Shooting Academy

Springfield Armory

Montana Gold Bullets

Mike Gibson Manufacturing

Ozark Sportsmen Supply

Hodgdon Powder

Buffertech

Precision Bullets

STI

DPMS

Precision Delta Bullets

A BIG THANKS TO OUR SPONSERS. COME SHOOT WITH US.

THANKS,

CLAY BINYON

• 2 weeks later...

About ready for this match, Have the M1a shooting 2 inches high at 100yds with 168 grn BTHP good to go on the 300 yd plates this year(also have plenty to spare).

Shot gun is ready.

New Benny Blaster is running like a sewing machine......Only wish the driver was too :huh:

Ft. Smith Here we come!!!! :)

See ya'll there.

HOP

Reneet,

You bringing that famous 3-gunner that is from that area with you ?

You know.......Kay Miculek and that tag along husband of hers ;)

Looking forward to it, last year was good.....except for the rain on Sunday. :angry:

HOP

Now, I have everything I need to attend the match. Do I ever feel like a mooch! :)

Thanks to Benny, I have rifle, shotgun, related gear and ammunition.

I have a hotel room reservation.

Thanks to my unit, I might have free days off to shoot the match.

See you guys on Friday!

Anyone else staying in Van Buren?

Liota

Reneet,

You bringing that famous 3-gunner that is from that area with you ?

You know.......Kay Miculek and that tag along husband of hers ;)

Looking forward to it, last year was good.....except for the rain on Sunday. :angry:

HOP

Sorry HOP ... Jerry is committed to the Gator match in South LA and Kay is teaching a class this weekend.

Well, the shoot is over and a great time was had by all! Thank you to all the Old Fort Gun Club crew! This was a great tournament style 3-gun match!! Rifle out to 300yds, short and long shotgun courses and somne really great pistol stages. I got to shoot with Benny, Renee Tyson,and the ever dominating Clay Binyon and his daughter ( man that girl can shoot!!). I was reminded just how hard it is to shoot iron sights on a rifle, Renee showed me how to run a pistol and Benny once again gained victory over me with a shotgun ( second time here Benny, DON'T make a habit of it OK??) This is a greaqt match and if you live any where in driving distance of Old Fort Gun Club I really recomend this match!! Kurt Miller

I was sure glad Mr. Modest brought the towel I requested......Too bad it was me who had to use it. :(

Fun Match! Clay, David, Joy, Chris, Ryan outdid themselves and we finally got to shoot all 3 guns !!!! :):):)

I finally got to meet Firewalker, great meeting you Fredrick glad you and Mike made the trip!!!! (See ya'll in Feb if the weather is nice enough)

Got to see some faces I have not seen in a while and got to meet some new smiling faces....always a good thing.

Congrats to Benny and Kurt, and Renee.....HMMM something about that Triangle shooting sports crew......

I had not shot any long guns(to any extent) since the last Mississippi 3-gun so after I remembered how to use them it was too late.....The damage was done.....Oh well, I think there were only a few others that had as much fun trashing a match like I did (well maybe they didn't trash it but I sure did)

Kurt, I took the dot off the M1A so I am after you next weekend !!!!!! I hope you can sleep knowing I'm gunning for you !!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Great match, too bad it and Kentucky were on the same weekend........I sure would have liked to go to the Bluegrass state to play instead of working.

HOPALONG

Edit to Add:

Results posted at USPSA.org......go to the members area, click on local match results, the club is AR05.

Fredrick, will be bringing the new to me 25-2 in Feb......Yes the long guns kicked my ARSE, that is the key to 3 guns though......need to know how to handle all 3!!!!

HOP

Edited by hopalong

Nice meeting you Sam, We tried sunday to make up match points with our pistols cause we sure as hell *****with those other guns....well now i know that to be competative i need to know them as well as i do my pistol.....Where are the scores posted at?

might brake out my round gun if you make it in feb.

Frederick

Edited by firewalker

A big thanks to all of the sponsors, shooters and staff, that made the Arkansas Section 3 Gun Championship, the biggest and best ever. We hope you can make it again next year.

I would like to congratulate the Winners of the following divisions:

High Overall Limited - Kurt Miller

High Overall Open - James Darst

High Overall Tactical - Benny Hill

The Arkansas Section 3-Gun Champions are:

Limited 3-Gun - Dale Pankratz

Tactical 3-Gun - Ryan Hunt

No active members of the Arkansas Section competed in the Open Division, however North Arkansas Section, Twin Lakes Gun Club member, Tom Smith took 2nd place in the Open Division.

Here is the full list of winners by class for each division. Congratulations to all.

TACTICAL

High Overall - Benny Hill

Arkansas Section 3-Gun Tactical Division Champion - Ryan Hunt

1st M - Lonnie Devine

1st A - Mike Sisk

1st B - Keith Tolles

1st C - Ron Sacks

1st D - Liota Wakal

1st U - Shane Richards

2nd A - Pat Kelly

2nd B - Fred Norwood

2nd C - Jayson Cotter

3rd A - Steve Ochs

3rd B - Renee Tyson

3rd C - Ron Johnston

LIMITED

High Overall - Kurt Miller

Arkansas Section 3-Gun Limited Divison Champion - Dale Pankratz

1st M - Johnny Brister

1st A - Rick Watkins

1st B - Doug Bowdler

1st C - Ken Spruiell

1st D - Miles Waldron

1st U - Garret Hawkins

OPEN

High Overall - James Darst

1st A - Tom Smith

Thanks Again,

Clay Binyon

Aggregate_match__Tactical.rtf

Aggregate_match__Open.rtf

Aggregate_match__Limited.rtf

Rifle_Stages_All_divisions.rtf

Pistol_Stages_All_divisions.rtf

Shotgun_Stages_All_divisions.rtf

Hop, what can I say you got me in the pistol match but us flatlanders like our long guns. Looking forward to the Benning match, much practice needed on my part and a few rifle issues to tend to. Take Kurt out for drinks before Area 6 ( lots of drinks ), I'll guarantee the curve will be shallower. Keith

In all the excitement I forgot to mention.....

Congratulations to Johnny Brister.

This was his first 3-gun match in 4 years......did pretty good I think (2nd behind Kurt Miller)

Also want to say Congrats to Adelo Aquino.

This was Doc's first 3 gun match ever!!!!!!

He said, "I need to do this more often"

And to High Lady Tactical.......Renee Tyson

In her first 3-gun match!!!!

Congrats guys/gals!!!!

HOPALONG

Edited by hopalong

In all the excitement I forgot to mention.....

And to High Lady Tactical.......Renee Tyson

In her first 3-gun match!!!!

HOPALONG

Thanks Sam but not quite my 1st 3 Gun. I shot however many USPSA Nationals were held at The Shootout many years ago.