Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just bought my first CZ

Dbw2223

A shadow 2 and WOW! I know there's a few gurus so with the short reach trigger does it change anything at all besides where the trigger sits? I can reach the stock length fine but for USPSA I'd like to have a little more. And before anybody gives me grief I don't have lady hands haha

Cajun will release an RRK-3 kit once the new production rules take effect. I'd wait for that to come out before buying anything else. Any RRK kit would be illegal in production at this point, too.

4 hours ago, Nayr said:

Cajun will release an RRK-3 kit once the new production rules take effect. I'd wait for that to come out before buying anything else. Any RRK kit would be illegal in production at this point, too.

Would you go CGW or CZC RRK?

2 hours ago, Dbw2223 said:

Would you go CGW or CZC RRK?

My personal Shadow 2s have the CGW S-2 kit with bushing installed by my gunsmith. DA is 6.5-7 or so, 2-ish pounds SA.

I've felt a CZC Shadow that was worked on by CZC themselves. I felt the DA wasn't quite there, but the SA felt as good, maybe a bit better, than my S2.

Can't really go wrong with either. I've had better support from Cajun over the phone - CZC seems a bit more formal and business-like when I call them. Cajun will actually call me back even when I haven't left a message.

Within my team, we have 3 SP01 Shadows when we shoot production. Mine had all the upgrades from Automatic Accuracy, another teammate’s is from CZC, and the other is from CGW.

After testing all 3, it was unanimous that the CGW was the best of the 3. The trigger was much smoother and the accuracy was a tad better.

After firing all 3, I decided to order an S2 from CGW and couldn’t be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, rlrock said:

Within my team, we have 3 SP01 Shadows when we shoot production. Mine had all the upgrades from Automatic Accuracy, another teammate’s is from CZC, and the other is from CGW.

After testing all 3, it was unanimous that the CGW was the best of the 3. The trigger was much smoother and the accuracy was a tad better.

After firing all 3, I decided to order an S2 from CGW and couldn’t be happier!

Well you've sold me

Can you tell me the difference with the RRK-3 kit

1 hour ago, Mercs said:

Can you tell me the difference with the RRK-3 kit

The RRK-3 kit is specifically designed for the shadow 2. It’s drop in from the info I got on the phone last month.