Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik TP9 SFX - Magazines Binding

random_guy7531

Hey all - so I've been having a problem with my Canik that I haven't really paid much attention to until recently. Specifically, magazines tend to fail to drop free. They fall out ~2/3rds of the way out, but then bind right before falling free. It would be one thing if it happened only occasionally, but it has been occurring with sufficient frequency that I now have developed a bit of a nasty habit of manually stripping the magazines out. I am using both the standard magazines that came with the gun and the Century branded Mec-Gar magazines, and both appear to suffer from the failure equally.

Has anyone else with an SFX (or other Canik) ever experienced this? If so, what did you do to solve it? I am hesitant to take a file or sandpaper to the inside of the magwell without more information, but if that's what I need to do, then so be it.

Thanks in advance!

I had the same problem.  Easily fixed.  Remove slide, run a flat file up inside the mag well.  There are plastic "ribs" on both sides of the mag well.  Run the file on those ribs for just a couple strokes (plastic comes off quickly), should fix the problem.  If not, repeat judiciously.

I had the same problem.  Easily fixed.  Remove slide, run a flat file up inside the mag well.  There are plastic "ribs" on both sides of the mag well.  Run the file on those ribs for just a couple strokes (plastic comes off quickly), should fix the problem.  If not, repeat judiciously.

My gun was the same way. I also used a file and my mags drop free now. I didn’t take off much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also helps if you polish those rails up with some 1500grit or 2000grit 3M paper. If you want them really slick, put on a light coat of car wax on them and buff it off with a soft cloth after the 2000grit.