Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 Ambi Low Ride Safety

jakeep

The issue with a low ride ambi is that it may tend to get in the way on the trigger finger side.   You could try a low, but most guys running those like single sided. 

May want to consider a wide ambi (Ed Brown makes a good one) and trim down the offhand side some.  Just food for thought.  

I had issues keeping my thumb on my STI Edge factory safety when I first got it, one of my friends recommended the Wilson High Ride ambi safety so I tried it and it solved my issue.  It does require minor fitting.

Edited by cs62

On 3/22/2018 at 2:15 PM, Yeti said:

The issue with a low ride ambi is that it may tend to get in the way on the trigger finger side.   You could try a low, but most guys running those like single sided. 

May want to consider a wide ambi (Ed Brown makes a good one) and trim down the offhand side some.  Just food for thought.  

This is what I did as well, although I had a local smith trim down the offhand side.

prJII6a.jpg

I have small hands as well I went with a Lone Star Innovations tactical wide ambi safety fits perfect as is. I do like the amount of material to rest my thumb. 4c6d3ac7db46ef7c613aa2ab284e654c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
Jeff Abernathy at TommyGuns recently posted about some low ride gunsite safeties. Give him a shout, he could probably help you out!

He was great help but still doesn’t have a good option yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk