Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine selection

Bdh821

I'm looking for everyones opinion.  I'm currently waiting for a custom open gun to be completed. It will have the SVI 187 grip on it with a factory right side mag button. That being said, I'll need new magazines as my current MBX mags do not have a notch on that side. 

Do I:

1.  Buy new MBX mags with the ambi cut, and sell the ones I have?

2.  Buy SV big sticks?

3.  Modify my existing big sticks and hope they work after?

Everyones opinion would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks in advance

Stupid lefties...  But if you're wrong handed like me, look into http://www.evil-hand.com for a right side thumb rest!

infinity mags, tti pads, grahms guts. thats the only way ill ever run mags anymore. out of old sti, new sti, mbx, sps, i simply can't get over how well the infinity mags run and last. 

svi needs a quick tune out of the pack (at least mine did) but then thats it. even dropping them on concrete feed lips down they just keep on truckin. mbx may be reliable but i just cant beat the finish and shape of svi mags

32 minutes ago, StuckinMS said:

Can you not cut your existing mags to make them work?  

I could, but I'd rather not do it to the 9 mags I have. But, I emailed Adrian from MBX, and he is gonna cut them for me!!

SV grip... SV mags. All of mine are 100% out of the box no matter what spring/follower/basepad I put on them and I've run Grams, SVI, and TT springs/followers with any combination of Dawson, TT, SVI base pads. The only time I've ever had an issue was using an (older style STI 170) tube in a SVI. In fact, I just got two new tubes today that I put TT guts in with Dawson pads. The craftsmanship is amazing, you have to look inside to see where it was welded together and even then it's a damn nice weld with no pinholes at all.

zOn9aRN.jpg

PfWw9Nd.jpg