Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vv N330

Harmon

Anyone ever use this stuff in a 40?

looks like a good 9mm powder but im not really wanting to shoot 9mm right now.

picked it up off a prize table...why cant they give us something like N320?

N330?? maybe a 200 grain 40 load!

"N330?? maybe a 200 grain 40 load! "

- yeah, that is Strader's load with a plated 200 grn .40 bullet. Once you work up a .40 Major load, it is very close to N320 in performance with just a little more powder needed. Worth the trouble? - when the powder is free, it is.

Is it safe with a 180 at 4.6 grains? I was thinking that I wouldn't have to adjust anything and get shootable rounds for my wheelgun or singlestack since I shoot mainly Limited in USPSA, and ICORE and Steel Challenge loads could be minor.

I didn't think about the fact that my current setting may through a different volume of 330 than 320. Any ideas about that?

• 4 weeks later...

I use it with 180gr Zero and between 4.6 and 5.4gr N330 depending on desired PF. I am making major at 5.2gr with a G35. 4.7gr is just under major.

Is it safe with a 180 at 4.6 grains?  I was thinking that I wouldn't have to adjust anything and get shootable rounds for my wheelgun or singlestack since I shoot mainly Limited in USPSA, and ICORE and Steel Challenge loads could be minor.

I didn't think about the fact that my current setting may through a different volume of 330 than 320.  Any ideas about that?

• 9 months later...

Looking into using it with precision 185 grain bullets in a Glock 24 with KKM barrel.

How much powder you figure ill need for major in the 6 inch tube, loaded 1.135 oal? 4.5 grains start?

Harmon

Looking into using it with precision 185 grain bullets in a Glock 24 with KKM barrel.

How much powder you figure ill need for major in the 6 inch tube, loaded 1.135 oal? 4.5 grains start?

Harmon

Sounds like a good start point. I'm guessing you will end up in the 4.9-5.1 area. If

you have a load worked up with N320 for that bullet/OAL, add .8 gr for N330 and

work up from there.

Bill

well, still havent got the G24 up and running, but i loaded some 185 precisons with 4.5 grians of N330 and seated the bullets to 1.135"

Federal 200 primers were used as well as multifired winchester brass

average velocity was 949 fps from a 4.5 inch KKM barreld Glock 22

OLD MAJOR!

might want to reduce it for a six inch gun...This makes me want to try the N320 even more.

Harmon