Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best comp design 9mm major?

stefanhalvarsson

I have two of aircolled6racer's custom comp cuts in two Trubore blanks I bought from him.  I haven't finished the builds yet, but I bought them because of very good reviews from some Forum members.

If I were going to experiment making my own comps, I start out with an idea like the Dan Wesson DS 5-port comp.  I've found that the more baffles you have, the softer the gun shoots, as long as you make enough gas to work all the baffles.  His ports are small, so the velocity is high and not as much gas is ejected out of each port.

I'm getting good results out of the comp that is on the gun in this pic.  image.jpeg.73db94df8a7e86de1df5b7b451464221.jpeg

The comp next to it is untested.  I'm thinking of trying a design with more top ports with a V shape to the holes to direct gas to the right and left at about 30 degrees.

On 3/5/2018 at 8:09 PM, aandabooks said:

I'm getting good results out of the comp that is on the gun in this pic.  image.jpeg.73db94df8a7e86de1df5b7b451464221.jpeg

The comp next to it is untested.  I'm thinking of trying a design with more top ports with a V shape to the holes to direct gas to the right and left at about 30 degrees.

That is awesome. I want one.

Edited by Darthrader18