Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

gray trigger vs sig

connie123

Is the flat trigger that comes in the X5 the same as the gray gun
trigger or in other words would gray's trigger lower the pull weight enough
to warrant the price in changing them.
I like my gray guns trigger better than the x5 trigger. I also prefer the curved trigger though, and had that before the X5 was released

16 hours ago, connie123 said:

Is the flat trigger that comes in the X5 the same as the gray gun
trigger or in other words would gray's trigger lower the pull weight enough
to warrant the price in changing them.

They are not the same.

When installed in the gun the triggers appear identical in casual external viewing.  Perhaps if I studied each in detail I could tell one from the other from a distance when installed. But maybe not, haven't done that test so can't give you any guidance there.

Their internal geometry is different and apparent when you have them side by side on your bench. The arm that engages the transfer bar is shorter on the GG trigger.

The GG trigger lowered my pull weight by about 8 oz. on my X5. 

Straight out of the box my pull was 5 lbs 2oz.

After total strip, clean, lubricate 4 lbs 12oz.

After GG trigger install 4 lbs 4oz.

I think the quality of the pull is improved but I haven't gone back and forth with testing that as that type of testing is such a pain in the ass when you have to partially disassemble every time you make a change.

So I paid $79 for a 1/2 lb reduction.

Worth it? Depends on where you're coming from, what your objectives are, what your expectations are.

I'd buy it again, wishing for a bit more, but wouldn't be surprised if others felt differently.

I'm coming from an M&P with an Apex kit and a pull of around 3 lbs. but that kit includes a sear and a sear spring. I'm curious how the soon to be released GG trigger kit with sear and spring will affect things.

Edited by ddc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It is not the same as the Grey Guns trigger. On the GG trigger the tab that extends upward that engages the transfer bar is noticeably shorter than on the factory trigger. They are two different geometries.

Edited by ddc