Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA Holster for Dawson CRP STI Trojan 45 ACP

Silverscooby27

I just got a Dawson CRP STI Trojan in 45 ACP for use in single stack USPSA this year and am excited! I was disappointed when I went to put it in my existing holster, a blade tech Kydex holster from about 12 years ago or so that fits my Springfield Loaded perfectly. I have seen various things on the internet about how the Trojan doesn’t fit many generic 1911 holsters, and specifically the Blade Tech holster. The CRP has a pretty large mag release button, so I don’t know if that is an issue also.

Does anyone know what holster is the best for the Trojan for use in USPSA SS?

While less popular on this forum (I think because they are just not as known), I love my garrett holster for my Trojan. Silent Thunder Champion would be the one you want.

They use a molded Kydex holster but line the inside with a thin layer of leather. So you get all the obvious advantages of Kydex, but you end up with something that draws absolutely smooth without all the click clack. It's also much more forgiving on the finish.

They make them to spec and have a ton of different attachment options. Not cheap, but worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Update...

I bought a CompTac International 1911 5” Holster.. but it doesn’t fit the Dawson CRP I think because it contacts the mag release button, which is quite large.

I also ordered a CompTac International holster straight from CompTac, model STI Trojan 5.0. Still might contact the mag release button though.

I am still interested in the Redhill Tactical holster, but don’t know exactly which model to order. I would imagine I would need the 1911 government 5” and NOT the  STI DVC Classic because the trigger guard is round, not squared like the DVC Classic. Does anyone have any advice?

I’d like to minimize filling my drawer full of useless holsters even more, haha. It may come down to taking a dremel tool to the back side of the CompTac to relieve the area next to the mag release.

https://redhilltactical.com/products/1911compholster

Doh! I’m sorry I recommended the CompTac. I looked at mine after I posted and thought there would be plenty of room for a larger mag release.

Let us know how it turns out so hopefully someone else may keep 1 more holster out of their drawer.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I just got things sorted out today, hopefully it helps someone some day even though they’ve discontinued the STI Trojan. The CompTac STI Trojan holster is the closest fit. Still tight on the large mag release button (Dawson Precision CRP), but it will work. The standard 1911 holster doesn’t fit nearly as well, but is probably passable in a pinch. I had to order the CompTac straight from them because nobody had them in stock anywhere. Probably took a couple weeks or so. They threw in a packet of Smarties candy, which made my kids happy, haha.