Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

everglades JHP v2 or competition style JHP

wyomingballer

Not being a wise guy, just wondering - from their website, it seems like the EGA's are

30% more money than PD's ?   Are they that good?   or am I missing a discount ?    [emoji47]

I’m not for or against any particular company... I’ve been unlucky with PD’s in my chaos so I tried EG and they work well. Montana’s are more than EG, so I’ve stuck with EG.

I ran into a couple guys this weekend at a match who all shoot PD’s and one dude was shooting a Titan in 9mm. He said PD’s work great for him... he said try more crimp? I dunno if that’ll help but I’ll try it when I get a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Not being a wise guy, just wondering - from their website, it seems like the EGA's are

30% more money than PD's ?   Are they that good?   or am I missing a discount ?    :huh:

Buy 4,000 of the 115gr JHP V2 at $349 and it is 8.726 cents each.  Buy 2,000 of the PD 115 JHP at $170 and it is 8.5 cents each.    Not a big difference unless you can only afford 2,000 at a time. 

19 hours ago, bigbob21 said:

I’m not for or against any particular company... I’ve been unlucky with PD’s in my chaos so I tried EG and they work well. Montana’s are more than EG, so I’ve stuck with EG.

I ran into a couple guys this weekend at a match who all shoot PD’s and one dude was shooting a Titan in 9mm. He said PD’s work great for him... he said try more crimp? I dunno if that’ll help but I’ll try it when I get a chance.

I still contend, based on so many different gunsmith opinions, that a semi auto should run any Bullet profile. If it won’t something is wrong with the ammo or the gun

3 hours ago, Sarge said:

I still contend, based on so many different gunsmith opinions, that a semi auto should run any Bullet profile. If it won’t something is wrong with the ammo or the gun

There's probably some truth to that Sarge...
I've make jokes about it, assuming it's my ramp profile or I have a short camber... 
But I'm kinda shooting a lot right now with my enthusiasm for Open being really high right now... only 2 years into to the sport, 8 months into open and just shot my first level 2 this weekend and placed top 8% of the whole match. Which kinda grinds my gears because the few  hiccups I had were my own fault for not coming prepared. (you learn from your mistakes as a new person)
So I don't want to send my gun out and have to wait on it to get looked at for something that'll prolly take 30 mins to fix on their end but leave me out a gun for x amount of weeks.

Edited by bigbob21

28 minutes ago, bigbob21 said:

I don't want to send my gun out and leave me out a gun for x amount of weeks.

I don't blame you  -  makes a LOT of sense.

BUT  :  1.  real good argument for a backup gun - you can send one in and keep on shootin'   :)

2.  Probably don't need to send it out, at all - just change the OAL on your cartridge,

so that particular bullet fits your particular chamber   :) 

Edited by Hi-Power Jack

I don't blame you  -  makes a LOT of sense.

Trying not to thread jack...

Agreed

Backup is a long term goal...

As far as oal, I’ve adjusted accordingly.

Just need to pay more attention to match ammo vs practice ammo. (And bring enough, haha, that was my problem)