Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone running a sig 1911 in 9mm?

djb25

Like the title says - anyone running a Sig 1911 chambered in 9mm?

I have a Shadow that pretty much runs flawlessly, but I thought maybe I’d change things up and run something a little different. However, it seems like every 1911 chambered in 9mm has some sort of reliability issue. 

Are the sigs any better, or more of the same?

5 minutes ago, djb25 said:

Like the title says - anyone running a Sig 1911 chambered in 9mm?

I have a Shadow that pretty much runs flawlessly, but I thought maybe I’d change things up and run something a little different. However, it seems like every 1911 chambered in 9mm has some sort of reliability issue. 

Are the sigs any better, or more of the same?

I just started running a sig 1911 tacops in 9mm. For the price it seemed hard to beat. I have a Springfield range officer and a rock island tactical II also in 9mm. So far the sig seems to be the nicest then the rock and lastly the range officer.  No issues with the sig yet.  Range officer has had the most reliability issues and by far has the heaviest grittiest trigger.    I have 4 different brands of mags that all work in the sig and all locking the slide back on the last round.  

1 hour ago, Shootingbeaver said:

I just started running a sig 1911 tacops in 9mm. For the price it seemed hard to beat. I have a Springfield range officer and a rock island tactical II also in 9mm. So far the sig seems to be the nicest then the rock and lastly the range officer.  No issues with the sig yet.  Range officer has had the most reliability issues and by far has the heaviest grittiest trigger.    I have 4 different brands of mags that all work in the sig and all locking the slide back on the last round.  

Interesting...  I have never heard of anyone having better luck with a Rock Island than a Springfield RO. 

I'd say your RO needs to take a trip back home, because someone let a bad one out!  Contact Springfield CS.  I'm just about POSITIVE they will fix your RO's problems for you!  

My Colt Competition Pistol in 9mm runs flawlessly as well! Have a Sig Scorpion 1911 45 acp and is a great gun even though the plunger tube came unstaked after about 200 rounds! Gun was sent back to Sig and they fixed it no problem and quick turnaround.

I would not hesitate in buying another Sig 1911. It is a well made firearm.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, StuckinMS said:

Been running a Sig max for couple years.  Did trigger work myself, but the Koenig ignition is very nice for a factory gun.  Best 1911 we have owned so far. 

How heavy is your trigger pull with the Koenig?   I assume your max is also a series 80?

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 9:33 PM, Shootingbeaver said:

13 hours ago, Shootingbeaver said:

I’ve pretty much given up on Springfield 1911s. Is is the second one I’ve owned and both have had issues and bad triggers out of the box. Yes I guess I could have gotten two Friday end of shift guns but still.  

I also find it interesting that your Springfield(s) with trigger issues have grown from one to two since your first post...   Let's just say that my experience with Springfield has been much better than yours.  

Have you contacted Springfield customer service?  They have an excellent reputation for correcting any problem(s).  

7 minutes ago, Ken6PPC said:

I also find it interesting that your Springfield(s) with trigger issues have grown from one to two since your first post...   Let's just say that my experience with Springfield has been much better than yours.  

Have you contacted Springfield customer service?  They have an excellent reputation for correcting any problem(s).  

Ha with the exception of my brother sometimes people sell guns.  I was pretty young and relatively new to guns when I bought my Springfield 45 and no I didn’t contact them. I wanted to learn myself. 

I had contacted them about the RO and they would have taken it in no issue however it was the middle of the season and I didn’t send it.  I did some polishing and went with it. 

1 hour ago, Shootingbeaver said:

How heavy is your trigger pull with the Koenig?   I assume your max is also a series 80?

I set it at 2lbs.  It comes with the Koenig ignition. It also came at 5lbs.  Not favorable to me.  I like a good crisp 2 lbs.  Everything else was great.  I recommend using the Wilson 47 mags with extended pads to help seat.  The Dawson magwell is also a great factory item that comes with

37 minutes ago, Shootingbeaver said:

Ha with the exception of my brother sometimes people sell guns.  I was pretty young and relatively new to guns when I bought my Springfield 45 and no I didn’t contact them. I wanted to learn myself. 

I had contacted them about the RO and they would have taken it in no issue however it was the middle of the season and I didn’t send it.  I did some polishing and went with it. 

Dido Springfield Armory has a customer service that is hard to beat.  I put 70,000+ through an xd tactical and told them nothing in the gun was factory except the extractor and ejector and they still warrantied my gun in less than a week.  All I paid was shipping!

My Springfield RO 9mm has been flawless for 4000+ rounds. (I’m running Dawson Precision mags.)

Done some minor polishing on the fire control parts and inside the frame. Put in a Dawson extended firing pin, 17# ISMI main spring, and a STI trigger and get a consistent 2 3/4# pull.  I usually run Brazos tuned trigger groups so I’m curious how long this stock trigger group will last. 

On 2/23/2018 at 8:50 AM, BASE772 said:

My Springfield RO 9mm has been flawless for 4000+ rounds. (I’m running Dawson Precision mags.)

Done some minor polishing on the fire control parts and inside the frame. Put in a Dawson extended firing pin, 17# ISMI main spring, and a STI trigger and get a consistent 2 3/4# pull.  I usually run Brazos tuned trigger groups so I’m curious how long this stock trigger group will last. 

My trigger is at 4lb with all stock parts.  I pry should try a lighter mainspring. 

+1 for Springfield RO in 9mm, I shot mine in ESP IDPA for years without any issues and amazing results. I prefer my 1911’s in 45 though TBH, they cycle almost too slow with 9mm and something about it just doesn’t seem right lol. There are so many great double stacks like CZs and Sigs that are chambered in 9 that just fit the roll a little better IMO.

I see a couple Sig 9mm 1911 at uspsa and idpa. They all do well although One Max in .40 had been a nightmare. One has a Koenig kit and its very nice. I'd prefer the traditional model if I got one just so holsters were easily obtained and interchangeable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk