Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hey from a newbie

TaVikings

Hey hey! New forum member. Despite beinbg a bit of a collector I hadn't given comps much thought until I tagged along to a few with a friend a few months back and now I'm kinda hooked. Nothing major yet. Just a bit at my local club. Though I can see it growing from there! Looking forward to chatting with likeminded forum-goers and learning more about what's out there! 

Thanks

Welcome!  Competition is a lot of fun, I was hooked after my first match!  First ever was a Falling Plate Match, then Steel Challenge and when I tried USPSA about a year after I started shooting, I was hooked and have been shooting that primarily.  What competition did you try  - USPSA?

Thanks AlphaCharis! I'm slowly finding myself more and more hooked on the comp side of things. Didn't try USPSA, but I'm considering it in the future. Friends are slowly ramping things up so I'm not overwhelmed too quickly! Can't wait to learn more while I'm here. I thought I knew my stuff, but I feel like I'm starting all over again. Exciting though :D

1 hour ago, Loudgp said:

This sport can get expensive quick :lol:

Yes, it can, but doesn't have to    :)

Shoot what you have, dry fire a lot and hit 1-2 local matches a month,

and you won't have much invested in the sport.

BUT, if you want to get a WonderGun, shoot 10-15,000 rounds/year

and start travelling to larger matches  ...   YUP, it can quickly add

up to $12,000/year   (don't ask how I know)    :)