Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello From The Pacific Northwest

JOThompson

Hello everyone, I thought I'd re-introduce myself, as I haven't been to many matches in awhile. I shot my first match in 2011 and only seem to make it to 2-3  matches a year, but I'd like to change that.

I'm mainly interested in USPSA. I  used to shoot a Para-Ordnance P16-40 in Limited (not very successfully). I'm trying to transition to Glocks since I carry them, but don't have the time to load  my own .40 anymore for limited, so I'm thinking about shooting 9mm in production. 

I'd like to get into IDPA but haven't had a chance yet. I just moved back to Oregon/Washington from the midwest. I haven't found a whole lot of matches in the Seattle area (which is where I work). Seems like there are more active clubs in the Portland metro area. 

14 hours ago, JOThompson said:

Hello everyone, I thought I'd re-introduce myself, as I haven't been to many matches in awhile. I shot my first match in 2011 and only seem to make it to 2-3  matches a year, but I'd like to change that.

I'm mainly interested in USPSA. I  used to shoot a Para-Ordnance P16-40 in Limited (not very successfully). I'm trying to transition to Glocks since I carry them, but don't have the time to load  my own .40 anymore for limited, so I'm thinking about shooting 9mm in production. 

I'd like to get into IDPA but haven't had a chance yet. I just moved back to Oregon/Washington from the midwest. I haven't found a whole lot of matches in the Seattle area (which is where I work). Seems like there are more active clubs in the Portland metro area. 

welcome to the PNW, there are a number of USPSA clubs in the I-5 corridor north and south of Seattle, here's a link to the web page for the section. http://northwestsection.org/

I think there are a number of IDPA clubs but I haven't shot them in years (too confusing going back and forth, and since I shoot USPSA Open, there is no equipment similarity) But you could contact Rick Breneman at rbreneman@KellerRohrback.com , he's the section coordinator for this area. This time of year things slow down (or stop) because of the weather. (I know the Montana guys are laughing at this last statement) I still shoot an indoor match every week at a range in Everett but I pretty much use December and January as a vacation from matches. February is when my home club starts having matches again, then there are matches just about every weekend so you would have lots of choices. PM me if you have more questions. Hope to see you at matches next year.

Renton and Paul Bunyan (graham/Puyallup) have monthly idpa matches, even in the winter.  You do have to pre register though.  Paul Bunyan pre-reg is on practiscore, but i'm not sure about renton.

We also have an indoor match every Tuesday night at West Coast Armory in factoria.  First Tuesday is USPSA, the rest are idpa.

11 hours ago, Bkreutz said:

welcome to the PNW, there are a number of USPSA clubs in the I-5 corridor north and south of Seattle, here's a link to the web page for the section. http://northwestsection.org/

I think there are a number of IDPA clubs but I haven't shot them in years (too confusing going back and forth, and since I shoot USPSA Open, there is no equipment similarity) But you could contact Rick Breneman at rbreneman@KellerRohrback.com , he's the section coordinator for this area. This time of year things slow down (or stop) because of the weather. (I know the Montana guys are laughing at this last statement) I still shoot an indoor match every week at a range in Everett but I pretty much use December and January as a vacation from matches. February is when my home club starts having matches again, then there are matches just about every weekend so you would have lots of choices. PM me if you have more questions. Hope to see you at matches next year.

Rick was actually the AC 2 AC's ago.  He can still help you but the current AC is listed on the IDPA website.

Sandy

The AC before Rick :-)

Edited by SandyASI

10 hours ago, SandyASI said:

Rick was actually the AC 2 AC's ago.  He can still help you but the current AC is listed on the IDPA website.

Sandy

The AC before Rick :-)

Shows  how current I am regarding IDPA stuff :wacko:, thanks for the correction.