Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Porduction Class and Glock Grip

airsiler

OK I am wanting to shoot production class for Steel Challenge at our local club.  I have a Glock 34 that I would like to remove the finger groves on, or better yet go with a 80/20 lower as it has a 1911 angle for the grip.  I sometimes shoot my daughters 1911 Rim Fire Open gun and I would like something as close with regards to the angle as I can get.  Are either one of these legal.  After reading the rules I think I can do the first but not the change out of the lower.  Thanks in advance for the help

Bill

Modifications to the frame are not legal in Production - you can’t even stipple the frame _without_ modifying it’s shape in any way.

Your 80% lower isn’t on the Production list, so that is out as well.

If you want a more vertical grip angle, I’d take a look at a platform like the Walther Q5 or M&P. 

I shoot a ruger 22/45 in steel challenge and find the Q5’s sights just come out of the holster lined up perfectly, even after shootig rimfire for a while. I’ve run Glock, M&P, and Tanfoglio in USPSA and I find my Walther points more naturally than even a 1911.

(The alternate options are to modify the grip on you Glock and shoot Limited minor, or stick with the reshaping that’s permitted in Carry Optics and install an optic.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

23 minutes ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Modifications to the frame are not legal in Production - you can’t even stipple the frame _without_ modifying it’s shape in any way.

Your 80% lower isn’t on the Production list, so that is out as well.

If you want a more vertical grip angle, I’d take a look at a platform like the Walther Q5 or M&P. 

I shoot a ruger 22/45 in steel challenge and find the Q5’s sights just come out of the holster lined up perfectly, even after shootig rimfire for a while. I’ve run Glock, M&P, and Tanfoglio in USPSA and I find my Walther points more naturally than even a 1911.

(The alternate options are to modify the grip on you Glock and shoot Limited minor, or stick with the reshaping that’s permitted in Carry Optics and install an optic.)

Not sure I understand your first paragraph?  You can stipple the grip and be production legal. 

59 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

First, it's Production Division. You are assigned a "class" when you have shot enough classifiers. And, what you are describing would not be legal in Production Division.

Facepalm. That’s what I get for typing distracted