Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC USPSA Classification

I think they should consider recalculating the existing recorded classifiers once the PCC HHF's are used.  They could go back and recalculate what classification you should have been given and adjust accordingly.  This is a one-time thing, because they botched the PCC rollout, I am NOT saying that classification need to be fluid (up and down) going into the future.

Edited by L9X25
32 minutes ago, L9X25 said:

I think they should consider recalculating the existing recorded classifiers once the PCC HHF's are used.  They could go back and recalculate what classification you should have been given and adjust accordingly.  This is a one-time thing, because they botched the PCC rollout, I am NOT saying that classification need to be fluid (up and down) going into the future.

Agreed. That is all I'm saying as well. Not have it be fluid from now on, just a one time recalculation and fix. 

My friend I was discussing this with just now also said maybe emailing all those with a PCC classification telling them "unless you petition to stay, we are recalculating everyone's classifications on such and such a date." And then if they want to fill out the objection and keep their current card they can, but everyone can still see their % is like 71% or whatever while they are a GM. 

I really don't get the butthurt over class.  If things were really so rampant there would be a LOT more GM's in PCC than their are.  
As of last month there were only 35ish GM's total in the fastest growing division in history.
The real issue is MD cherry picking classifiers to make it easier.  
I bet if you look, there are a few classifiers that have been shot WAY more since PCC came about than they have historically.  

Scott,

I am not at all butthurt about class at all.  If a person wants to Grandbag, and the club does not care, he can hand over a $3 and re-shoot the classifier as many times as are necessary to get the score they want.  Hell, some statisticians might even help them along to get what they want, not much that you  or I can do to stop this behavior if it is tolerated at the club level.  What I am interested in is my older B-C class pistol buddies that can get their pistol class bumped to A or M because the classifier system for PCC was skewed and they shot the wrong classifier with their PCC.    The only divisions that I shoot are Open and PCC.  I got an M card in Open over 15 years ago and getting a GM card in PCC would not change anything for me at all, not that its going to happen anyway.

Sounds like they are in control of their own destiny.  I am not aware of anyone that has made GM in PCC that wasn't at least a M in a pistol division.  I suppose it's possible but not nearly as common as people want to believe.
If they want to grandbag to GM I say more power to them.  They can join the paper pistol GMs down in the 70th percentile at majors.  

Sounds like they are in control of their own destiny.  I am not aware of anyone that has made GM in PCC that wasn't at least a M in a pistol division.  I suppose it's possible but not nearly as common as people want to believe.
If they want to grandbag to GM I say more power to them.  They can join the paper pistol GMs down in the 70th percentile at majors.  

I know at least 3 people who are B class or lower who have made Master in PCC. I would say our anecdotes are about equal in their validity.
54 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

I know at least 3 people who are B class or lower who have made Master in PCC. I would say our anecdotes are about equal in their validity.

I was basing my guesstimate on the fact that I personally know most of the PCC GMs.  All of the ones I know were at least M and most already held GM cards in a pistol division(s).  Making M in PCC is pretty easy.  GM, not so much.  Especially if you aren't cherry picking classifiers  

29 minutes ago, Shadyscott999 said:

I was basing my guesstimate on the fact that I personally know most of the PCC GMs.  All of the ones I know were at least M and most already held GM cards in a pistol division(s).  Making M in PCC is pretty easy.  GM, not so much.  Especially if you aren't cherry picking classifiers  

I'm a 67% Limited guy who will be sitting about 90% after the last match results are posted.  I got there in 5 months.  I didn't cherry pick anything.  I just shot what was presented to me. I just feel that some classifiers SO skewed that it needs addressed.  Not a little skewed.  Really skewed.  Perhaps I am wrong and my skill level increased quite a bit after a full season of PCC, but I think not.  I think some changes need made now.  PCC is drawing lots of people in, and I think it's great.  I just don't want to see GM or M lose meaning over some mal-adjusted classifier scores.

I started shooting PCC exclusively in October of last year as an A class production shooter. My initial PCC classification was A and I’ve moved to M and then GM since then. I shoot at quite a few different clubs down here and just shoot what’s put in front of me and never reshot or cherry picked anything. I see myself as a competitive A (or low M) shooter, but currently sit at 99.955%.

The most I see them doing is decoupling the PCC’s from the handguns. When they update HHF’s I doubt very seriously they will change any past classifiers shot. But I’m sure if you recalculated your hit factors and requested to be dropped down they would do it. If my match performance doesn’t get where I think it should be by then, that’s what I’m considering doing.

Edited by jlo86cj