Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Newb

stuey93

Evening gents just literally pulled my TSO .40 out of the giant box it comes in. Any suggestions on break in, initial cleaning/lubrication? Any other suggestions? Dry fire cool? (First hammer gun)Any imparted wisdom is greatly appreciated for this former plastic gun guy. [emoji846]

1 hour ago, bigdave24 said:

Use a size 83 O ring to dry fire with so the hammer hits the O ring instead of the firing pin.

I only use the o-ring for CZ’s that have a fpb as dry firing causes the fp to constantly slam against the fp retaining roll pin, it can cause deformation to the fp or the fp retaining roll pin to break.

As the TSO doesn’t have a fpb you can dry fire to your hearts content. Just remove any residual factory grease and reapply your preferred lube. Then just go out and shoot it a lot.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks gent[emoji106] any idea on the mags being tight when ejecting full?
I had that issue with my mags as well. I ended up doing a ”good enough" tune to them by pinching them with some pliers in the middle since that's where they seem to hang when fully loaded. A few light squeezes along the middle and testing as I went fixed the issue.