Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New "parts" bag in my revolver kit

Petrov

So because I had 1500 remington small pistol primers I loaded some up in my usuall 38 special load with solo 1000. 

Had to get a new strain screw new main spring and return spring to get the balance right. So now my trigger pull is at 7.6 pounds vs 6 pounds for federal primers.

So now I have a dedicated spring set for federal primers and one for "hard" primers.

I also have been keeping track of my round count and cleanings. I can get up to about 1200 rounds before I get ignition problems due to soot and crud buildup under the extractor star and the back of the cylinder crud and crap. 

For those of us who are godless barbarians who do not clean our revolvers how long can you go before problems crop up?

Depends on the powder and bullet. Some need cleaning faster than others. I had some unburned powder (W231) get under the ejector star on the last stage of a regional ICORE and make it so the cylinder would not close after a reload. Now i run a nylon brush under the ejector star after every 3 or 4 stages when shooting a match. Full clean every 1000 or so. 

Edited by radny97