Increasing stock2 gripability

Nathanb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

"offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun"

You guys are really wanting me to shoot open minor next year :) . 

Open minor (no comp) is so much easier on RO's ears... everyone should be so considerate! Lol.

8 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

"offered on the specific model of gun or another approved gun"

You guys are really wanting me to shoot open minor next year :) . 

LOL. It is offered on the stock 2 as an option on the drop down list. Shoot open minor and top your mags out, think of it like shooting SS minor but less reload. 

53 minutes ago, happygunner77 said:

Gonna get with Troy on this one. 

The smart move!

Am curious what he is up to with the board reviewing production division rules, perhaps that is something that is done every so many years or perhaps there are some specific things driving it. 

1 hour ago, happygunner77 said:

So being an option and the word offered could be the technicality to being bumped to open when using this. Gonna get with Troy on this one. 

As I understand it IPSC in Europe allows all Unica parts.   but obviously,  Troy has the last word and is not doubt more reliable that my understanding!!

From our email.

Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 5:32:23 PM
To: happygunner
Subject: Re: Tanfoglio Unica

No, that's not what I said.  It's legal to swap it out, just as the rules say.

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 3:23 PM, happygunner wrote:

So the key word is shipped in box with the firearm. If it's not shipped with the gun, even if the OFM offers this Unica as an option for this model, it won't be legal to swap it? The Titan hammer didn't come shipped with the firearm but it is legal to swap it as it came from OFM and offered to this model. The Unica thumb safety is I the same situation as the Titan hammer. This Unica thumb safety helps with shooters with bigfer hands and prevents from accidental engagement of the safety.

"Talk to GOD.....He always listens"

Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 3:32:03 PM
To: happygunner
Subject: Re: Tanfoglio Unica

21.6  Exchange of minor EXTERNAL components

Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins,

extractors and ejectors MAY be replaced with

OFM or aftermarket parts.

Any other components which are externally

visible may ONLY be replaced with OFM parts

which are offered on the specific model of gun

or another approved gun from the same manufacturer except as specifically clarified

below. Examples of external components which may only be replaced with

OFM parts include (but are not limited to): magazine releases, slide stops, thumb safeties and

triggers.

If the Stock 2 ships with this part, even as an option, then it's legal to swap it. 

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 2:17 PM, happygunner wrote:

http://www.tanfoglio.it/shop/tanfoglio-unica/unica-parts-and-accessories/leva-scatto-and-sicura-unica/u004-sicura-ls-sicura-leva-scatto-senza-appoggio.html

Is using this flat safety on Tanfoglio stock 2 legal? It is offered as an option and it is from OFM. Thanks

"Talk to GOD.....He always listens"

33 minutes ago, Nathanb said:

As if they were waiting for the answer here. Mine is ordered. I guess that means I can stop putting off my tear down now huh. 

Just remember to put a thumb over the hole in the mag release when you pull the trigger bar lifter  out.  the little thing that flies out is hard to find!

3 hours ago, Nathanb said:

The trigger return spring gets me every time. I forget how much tension is on it and there it goes. 

Drive the trigger pin out with a punch - or just lightly push it out if you’re smart enough to be running the CGW Canik pin.

Flip the frame over, rails down, so that the magwell is sticking up.

Put a hand over the magwell opening.

Slide the punch out of the frame. TING! The trigger spring bounces around inside the frame a few times, then is lying on the table when you pick the frame up and peek.

8 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Drive the trigger pin out with a punch - or just lightly push it out if you’re smart enough to be running the CGW Canik pin.

Flip the frame over, rails down, so that the magwell is sticking up.

Put a hand over the magwell opening.

Slide the punch out of the frame. TING! The trigger spring bounces around inside the frame a few times, then is lying on the table when you pick the frame up and peek.

I know how to do it. It’s the remembering part that gets me. Lol

Wholly crap batman , $49 for the Unica safety, Unica is proud indeed.

It looks identical to the $29 Tanfo safety that many already have, sans a visit to the grinder/dremel/file and a smidge of touch up blue. 

Hmmmmm spend $98 plus shipping,  or . . .  :ph34r: 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

4 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

(I dunno, but good enough for a back up gun & local matches I think) 

LOL,  probably is OK. Well, it was ok before you bragged about cheating, now it's not ok.   

(just kidding),  i neither know nor care !  I ride the safety with my strong thumb and it ain't moving.  Enjoy your "cheap" alternative to a unica flat safety.

13 hours ago, johnbu said:

I ride the safety with my strong thumb and it ain't moving. 

Wish that worked for me, feels awful. Have broken my right collarbone and my right wrist, always wonder if that threw things out of whack.