Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

10# PD hammer spring?

ngodwetrust21

47 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Nobody is saying don't clean up and/or lighten. I'm just agreeing with @MemphisMechanic that a 10# hammer spring isn't worth it. Way too many problems vs any benefits.  

The time spent twiddling would be far more beneficial spent practicing.   

I've got a stock 2 that I'm borrowing from a friend that's got a 12# trigger (everything is stock) and I can dry fire it in DA all day long without disrupting the front sight. 

I actually think tanfos have the best DA pull/feel. For my taste at least. I shoot a CZ. I'm almost a GM. 

My bad. We are in agreement then. In fact after reading all this, I just stuck a 12lb spring in it and called it good. Just out of curiosity. How do you like the CZ? I see there is a long thread of CZ vs tanfo, you think one is any better than the other if they both run reliably?

Edited by ngodwetrust21

26 minutes ago, ngodwetrust21 said:

My bad. We are in agreement then. In fact after reading all this, I just stuck a 12lb spring in it and called it good. Just out of curiosity. How do you like the CZ? I see there is a long thread of CZ vs tanfo, you think one is any better than the other if they both run reliably?

I like CZ.

I spent this entire year changing from Glock to CZ to tanfo to CZ to Glock to CZ to tanfo to cz to Glock to CZ to Glock to CZ to Glock to CZ. Literally.  

Trust me, if your Tanfo runs and you like it, don't worry about any other gun.  Don't let the thought of trying something else. Tanfos are the bomb. So are CZs. So are Glocks. 

49 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I like CZ.

I spent this entire year changing from Glock to CZ to tanfo to CZ to Glock to CZ to tanfo to cz to Glock to CZ to Glock to CZ to Glock to CZ. Literally.  

Trust me, if your Tanfo runs and you like it, don't worry about any other gun.  Don't let the thought of trying something else. Tanfos are the bomb. So are CZs. So are Glocks. 

Well said. Cool that you have tried all 3 and came to that decision. Kinda what I was thinking myself. So many top level guys do so well with any of the above you just mentioned. Planning on just sticking with the tanfo and ignoring any of the other gear noise.

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

I still laugh about your crazy journey with all those changes!  How the heck are you "almost" a GM ??  I'd be lucky to be a D shooter after all that!

4 hours ago, B_RAD said:

I’m going to throw this in your face word for word... the next time you text me and tell me you’re switching again.

7 hours ago, johnbu said:

I still laugh about your crazy journey with all those changes!  How the heck are you "almost" a GM ??  I'd be lucky to be a D shooter after all that!

I was saying that in jest. 

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

You were M class in your first year. You’re not jesting too hard.

I really did waste stupid amounts of time switching back and forth. Damn!  Only to reaffirm each time that it's not the gun!  

You don't know what you don't know. I didn't know I was a dumb ass. Ok,.. maybe I did. That's why I'm a dumb ass.