Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tool for adjusting TTI rear sight

GIO

Hi all, I sent my G17 to Taran tactical for sights, stippling, trigger, etc.  I have been shooting it for a few months now and it definitely shoots about 2 inches left from 10 yards out. I thought it was me or the ammo but I have tested it from a rest with factory ammo,standing, kneeling, same results.  

So...does anyone have a reco on a sight tool to make the adjustment? There is a set screw so I assume just loosen the screw and drift the sight, re-tighten and good to go. This is my first fixed sight gun (and Glock) so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, 

A pistol can be sighted in perfectly for one person or load and shoot to a different windage for another person load, so not really customer service issue. As above you can buy a tool (which is handy and easy to use to fine tune) or you could loosen the set screws, put slide in a padded vice and tape over with a hard plastic punch. If you don't have what you need or don't want to mess with it, some gunshops would use their tools to push it over just tick to the right for you at little to no charge.

I love those TTI sights BTW :)

Edited by JLB-US

Thanks everyone. I haven’t tried shooting lefty but I will.  I did my best to measure the sight to see if it was off and it seems to be centered. At worst it is off a few hundredths. So..it may be me making a bad transition from 1911s. Really hard to tell but I am pulling pretty consistent groups just a touch to left of target.