Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alpha X holster ?

kujo929

Saw several guys recommended the DAA alpha X in another thread for the Tanfo’s. For those of you who have tried several, is it worth the extra hundred bucks over the ghost/Guga/non magnetic racer and such?

I’ve used several non magnetic holsters but never the X.

Getting an new setup moving into open and don’t want to buy twice

Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was using the Alpha X for my Tanfoglio stock 2. I kept having issues with the firearm catching on my holster. Personally i think it was just me.

Other than that the holsters are great.

Alpha X only has one mounting point and can be adjusted in basically any angle.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Leohe8888 said:

Can you post some pics please !

I am looking for a good holster for stock2

Thanks

Red hill tactical double layer competion holster is very nice. I have run one for 2 seasons with no complaints.

9 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Had the X... Changed to RHT Kydex. Same draw speed. Better feeling somehow! Saw too many ' crashes' by accident with raceholsters

tooooooooooo many.

+1 ;)

try new ghost  with muzzle support. with plastic lock insert.( not the best but works.);)

תוצאת תמונה עבור ‪ghost holster‬‏

Edited by yigal

I started with a Racer, then switched to the Racemaster, it was a big improvement. I liked the idea of a Racer X, but wondered if it was worth the extra money (especially since I bought the Racemaster about 2 weeks before DAA came out with the Racer X :() After looking at it for a while (shooting friends had them) I decided it was enough of an improvement so I got one (and sold the old one for a loss). I've never regretted it. I had none of the adjustment problems that I had with the Racemaster. Everything just worked better. I started in Open with a Safariland 014 which I used for a couple of years. I didn't like that I had to change the muzzle support when I changed guns, I do prefer the lock switch on the Safariland, but not enough to keep using it.

Edited by Bkreutz