Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CMC 3.5 trigger in PCC ???

I am new to PCC just put together a PSA upper with a New Frontier lower . Took it out last weekend after test firing 20 rounds to see if load was going to function to local steel match and it ran like a top with no issues at all!!! Very happy with the gun other than the trigger . I have an extra CMC 3.5lb flat trigger and was thinking of putting it in and giving it a try. I have read some here and it seems that the Hyperfire 24c seems to be the way to go just don't have the funds to buy one right now . 

Anyone running CMC drop in? Any issues ? 

Thanks 

The Hyperfires are hard to beat, that's for sure. Both mine break at about the 2 and 3/4 pound mark.

I don't think the trigger shape is going to matter much for you at this point. Use one, or the other, until you can swap out for a lighter trigger (under 3 pounds).

Some of the guys have been finding the 24Cs on sale from time to time. Timney has the Calvin Elite available, but at near $300 it's a bit pricey.

I have just read some stuff about the blow back style of the PCC will beat up some triggers and just curious if the CMC will hold up. I swapped it out this evening and was going to give it a run tomorrow just don't want to tear it up. 

Have one in mine and it runs perfect with about 2K rounds on it. I am running a Taccom bolt that is cut for all triggers. I have tried it with my Spinta bolt on another upper and it worked fine. Just have not run a lot of rounds thru this combo. Have not seen any negative effect on it.

gerritm

Ok ... had the day off so went out back to give it a test run. Fired some singles and worked my way up to check for hammer follow, doubles or worse .. no issues at all!! Tested about 100 rounds. Had to wrap it up to work on Honey do list stuff will inspect hammer for any signs of improper wear little later .. MAN I LOVE THIS GUN!! It's a blast to shoot .. 

I have a CMC 2-stage in mine.  I only have ~500 rounds on it, but I contacted CMC and asked them about what to look for wrt problems.  They said most people having problems are seeing the trigger not resetting.  There wasn't anything specific to look for as far as wear or anything.  It seems they either work in your gun or they don't.  They did tell me they are working on a new trigger specifically designed for the AR-9, but did not give a date.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

I have a CMC 2-stage in mine.  I only have ~500 rounds on it, but I contacted CMC and asked them about what to look for wrt problems.  They said most people having problems are seeing the trigger not resetting.  There wasn't anything specific to look for as far as wear or anything.  It seems they either work in your gun or they don't.  They did tell me they are working on a new trigger specifically designed for the AR-9, but did not give a date.

So basically they said if it works with the bolt or combo you have your good?

It seemed that way.  Of course, it could also be that they have just had the bulk of calls dealing with the reset issue, which is a short-term go/no-go situation.  Doesn't necessarily mean there won't be any peening of the hammer after several thousand rounds.  I plan to check the hammer face whenever I clean, just in case.

I had two flat 3.5 single stage CMC triggers in my parts build box and decided to try one out in my PSA. Went in fine and hand cycled fine with no reset problems.  Went out to shoot it and had 100% reset problems from the first shot. It would fire a shot but not reset so I would have a new round in the chamber but couldn't fire it. I tried to see If I could get some reset out of it but got zero so the trigger definitely didn't like my bolt. 

Edited by Intel6

Well so far so good.. I have fired about 200 rounds with no issues at all. I am thinking it is all good.. if that changes will update here. Going to shoot uspsa beginning of December so guess that will be a good test . Will have the stock 6-9lb trigger ?  with me just in case ..