Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to competitions - need rifle advice

Snausages32

I went with that upper because I think having no forward assist looks better - little more sleek.  I have never needed to use the forward assist, and I've never met anyone who has.  I'm not saying it has no purpose, but it was just one extra thing, and it's also .4 ounces lighter... woooooo!  Haha.  I also found it for $53.47 - shipped.  Can't beat it, and on top of that, it's already been delivered.

Did a ton of research on parts to make this build, made the excel spreadsheet and everything with weight, advertised prices, links, and then when Thanksgiving hit - I googled like crazy and found some nice deals.  $1183.35 - delivered, everything included.  Just doing my part for the economy.

I'll be happy to post pics...  it'll be a while though.  When I ordered that ALG handguard on black friday, it warned that because of the increase  in sales, it may take 4-6 weeks for delivery.  It's November, so no rush really, plus I saved $50 on it.  Just getting a box delivered pretty much every day going forward...  Got the upper and buffer tube already, lower will be at the FFL tomorrow...

Edited by Snausages32

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It shoots great.  Very easy to maneuver, and I'm super glad that I went with the 15" handrail - I'm finding that I'm reaching further out than I expected.  I really like the grip.  Only "complaint" is that the rail gets hot rather quickly, but with gloves on,  it isn't noticeable.  Zero'd it in at 50 yards, and it's just fun to use.  Looking forward to March for when things start out here... 

Luckily, there's a rather new indoor range near me that has 25/50/100 yards - so I can get some practice in with it.  In Michigan, it's currently 1* outside, with a high of 7 tomorrow...