Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Elftmann trigger reset problem in Sig MPX

Hello everyone,

I put a Ar10 Elftmann Match trigger in my Sig MPX (Gen 2) a few days ago.  The first day when I tried to zero it, the trigger failed to reset a few times.  I have it set at about 4lbs, and I followed the installation instructions carefully, so I don't think it's user error.

I tried manipulating the trigger with the upper off so I could see what is happening.  I found the hammer was getting caught on the disconnector.  After cycling it a few times, the problem went away so I assumed it was just new and needed to be worked in.

Now however, it's impossible to fire the MPX quickly.  I tried firing 1 shot, quickly releasing the trigger and pulling it again as fast as possible.  The trigger was dead on the 2nd pull as if I failed to reset it properly, however after waiting about 3 seconds with the trigger still pulled, the MPX fired.  So I believe the hammer is still getting caught on the disconnector and if you wait long enough, it slips free.  For some reason, it only happens when I'm trying to run the trigger fast.  The fastest it's ever shot is a 0.17 split.  If I run the trigger faster than that, the hammer is gets caught on the disconnector.  If I run it slower, it works fine.

There are Youtube videos where people file down the contact points, but I'm hesitant to do that.  I'll call Elftmann tomorrow, but has anyone else had this problem?  Suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

Kurt

I just got off the phone with Art at Elftmann.  He is going to send me a new trigger and a return label for the old trigger.  But I get the new trigger before having to return the old one.  I'm very impressed with Elftmann's customer service so I wanted post my experience here.

If you've never used an Elftmann trigger before, you just don't know what you're missing.  I first tried them because of this write up: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/04/jeremy-s/ar-15-drop-in-trigger-roundup/.

The break is super crisp with zero creep.  The reset is amazingly short.  The pull is easily adjustable from about 2.5 to 4.5 lbs.  I can't imagine how to make a trigger any better.

Edited by Sabrewolfy
40 minutes ago, Sabrewolfy said:

If you've never used an Elftmann trigger before, you just don't know what you're missing.  I first tried them because of this write up: http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/04/jeremy-s/ar-15-drop-in-trigger-roundup/.

I read that article about a year ago and fell in love with the Nord Arms trigger.  I think they intended to distribute them to the USA,

then they ran into some problems and decided to stick with Europe.  Shortly thereafter they seem to have disappeared completely.  

Pull weight is adjustable down to 1.5 lbs, and has a disconnect adjustment too.  All for ~$150.  

If anyone knows more about these, or where they went, please let me know.