Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Custom???

drivenagain

I just purchased this without looking closely at the slide.  I thought I was getting a Tanfoglio Limited, but the slide says Limited Custom?? It is not in my possession yet.  Beavertail looks smaller or am I crazy??? Need some help here....

LIMTAN.jpg

Edited by drivenagain

12 minutes ago, goshimu said:

They are one and the same. Limited custom usually has vented slide (top side)

this has no vented slide, my research leads me to believe this is a Limited built off of the small frame, need someone to confirm

I think the confusion here is that the last couuple of years the limited started saying "Limited custom " 

2017 catalog shows the limited custom as a new model and not hard chromed. Those new model limited custom' s have not made it here yet. 

See the thread a few down about them finally showing up in Europe. 

1 minute ago, 01Deuce said:

I think the confusion here is that the last couuple of years the limited started saying "Limited custom " 

2017 catalog shows the limited custom as a new model and not hard chromed. Those new model limited custom' s have not made it here yet. 

See the thread a few down about them finally showing up in Europe. 

yep i know the new ones coming in, and they are drooool worthy, but i read somewhere this was a small frame, trying to find the link

Greg send that bad boy to me faaaaast ;)

Jason,

That is our Limited model.  It is a large frame.  The marking can be confusing.  The New Limited Custom has a blue finish on it.  This is yours:
Sometimes they come in with markings that say Limited and sometimes they say Limited Custom.

Thank you,
Dawn
EAA/USSG

It's the older version of the limited custom , still with a bull barrel but without the slide cuts, the one after this has slide cuts and the newest version tanfoglio change the cuts one the slide , enforced the the frame and even changed colour

hope it helps

On 10/24/2017 at 10:44 AM, drivenagain said:

I just purchased this without looking closely at the slide.  I thought I was getting a Tanfoglio Limited, but the slide says Limited Custom?? It is not in my possession yet.  Beavertail looks smaller or am I crazy??? Need some help here....

LIMTAN.jpg

That is the exact model I purchased last month.  Thought I was getting this one:

https://eaacorp.com/guns/handguns/witness-elite-limited-tanfoglio-81

But mine has "Limited Custom" on  the slide.  My understanding is that it is the same as the Elite "Limited".  Great gun BTW.

3 hours ago, JROTTY said:

That is the exact model I purchased last month.  Thought I was getting this one:

https://eaacorp.com/guns/handguns/witness-elite-limited-tanfoglio-81

But mine has "Limited Custom" on  the slide.  My understanding is that it is the same as the Elite "Limited".  Great gun BTW.

Thanks man, i finally got her, and its one amazing piece