Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

elftmann triggers

1chota

I currently have one, the flat 3-gun model.  It has a really nice, crisp break to it, and the hammer hits with plenty of force (I wish there was a standard, advertised measurement for this, but it sets off military & magnum primers).  One reason I went with it was I refuse to put in a trigger that can have the geometry change on you, and although the trigger pull weight is adjustable it is just changing the amount of pressure on a “resistance spring” (doubt that’s what Elftmann calls it), it does not affect hammer force or anything else, and I can’t see a way any of the geometry can get changed minus 1 thing:

Elftmann makes a big deal out of the way you install.  There are two set screws that have to be tightened against the floorplate of the receiver, they claim almost all their issues are due to these not being tight.  I don’t get why these are so important, but it’s a thing.  However, these screws have “jamb screws” that also use loctite and keep them from backing out, so should be safe.

As to running it, I came off a Wilson Combat S3G, I always liked that trigger a lot, more than CMC, Timney, Geissele, and a handful of others I tried, due to its clean break and short, positive reset.  My double-taps were really fast and easy to repeat.  I won’t go back for two reasons: 1) The break on the Elftmann is that much nicer to me 2) WC doesn’t offer a flat trigger, theirs now feels like a really thin, curved wire, and I love that flat feel now.

The downside to me, is the reset is not as positive.  I’m sure it is largely due to me having the trigger on the lightest setting, but it hurts my double-taps in that I have to consciously make sure I let off far enough.  I am playing around with a Hiperfire in another lower, and am torn which to make my primary due mainly to this.  For me, it’s the balance if the Elf being a bit nicer for slow, aimed shots, the Hiperfire I can double close hoser stuff faster.  I’m not sure how I feel about the Hiperfire plastic shoe, but it definitely doesn’t seem to hurt my trigger pull.

I’m sure somebody will be along soon to tell you to go AR-Gold, I can’t speak to the comparison as I’ve never run one.

I have one, It is in a lower with a form 1 that I use with a 10.5" .223 and a suppressor.  It has a very crisp break and a VERY tactile reset.  It will not set off new Freedom .223 ammo that my lower with an AR gold will. I am thinking maybe the Freedom ammo has CCI 41's but I don't know that to be a fact. 

On 10/17/2017 at 7:32 AM, Nathan said:

I’m not sure how I feel about the Hiperfire plastic shoe, but it definitely doesn’t seem to hurt my trigger pull.

Have you tried the Hiperfire without the shoe? I like having it on for long range stages to get my finger placement higher, but it isn't necessary. 

3 hours ago, 12Bravo said:

Have you tried the Hiperfire without the shoe? I like having it on for long range stages to get my finger placement higher, but it isn't necessary. 

I know it’s not necessary, but now without it the trigger seems a bit thin, especially after running the flat Elftmann.  I feel like Goldilocks.

I ran it a bit more the other day and think I do actually like the shoe, but I’ll have to run a few matches to see if I ever get frustrated with it.