Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why is the PCC division limited to Minor scoring?

4 hours ago, zzt said:

L9X25, the 'guidelines' are specific about the 90 degree rule, and sweeping.  They also mention "reasonably vertical" in the Gun Handling section.  The reason I'd like to see the 'guidelines' tightened up, or better yet, rules, is consistency.  A PCC shooter at a match last weekend was warned several times about breaking 180 while carrying his rifle.  It was chamber flagged and he carried it vertically, muzzle up.  The muzzle occasionally broke 90 to the rear by a couple of degrees.  He was eventually DQ'd for it.  His match was ruined while other PCC shooters did the same thing and were not DQ'd.   My guess is the RO applied the 90 degree rule instead of the (paraphrasing) if it's chamber flagged it's holstered and generally vertical 'guidelines'.  That's a shame.

I RO at three different clubs, and the 'rules' for PCC vary at each.  

You mean this guy was DQ'd as he was taking his gun to and from the line?  That's some BS.  Once you are off the stage, how are they going to regulate the "180"?  I don't see this as a situation needing more rules, I see it as a situation where some RO's need to use some common sense.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Patrick Scott said:

Major is allowed in every division, its just not recognized or of benefit in some. 

You are correct, and I understand that, I used incorrect terminology.  My apologies.  By choosing not to recognize Major (power) they are discouraging it's use.  

Some might say that violates DVC, but those are the (new) rules.  I could argue that DVC would apply equally to all divisions, but they are choosing not to recognize it.

PCC for USPSA is right now just a test division, the rules and scoring are not set in stone.  When the decision is made and all the final rules are set you may see some changes, it just take some time.  Now for the production scoring that division was made so that anyone can go buy a stock handgun, pick up some factory ammo and start shooting with little or not alterations to the gun. Now most all factory ammo will make minor not all will make major...

5 hours ago, L9X25 said:

You are correct, and I understand that, I used incorrect terminology.  My apologies.  By choosing not to recognize Major (power) they are discouraging it's use.  

Some might say that violates DVC, but those are the (new) rules.  I could argue that DVC would apply equally to all divisions, but they are choosing not to recognize it.

No need to apologize, its all good.  In PCCs case I dont see how making it a Minor scored division discourages the use of Major. No mag restrictions mean no Pro/Con to shooting Major like there is in SS, Rev and LTD, The way the guns work there is also no big Pro/Con to shooting major. Heck my current PCC load is closer to Major than Minor because that is what works best for my gun and MPX shooters still have a really fast/flat/soft gun shooting Major. When an MPX runs anyways ;)  As I was trying to state before if you want to test a shooter based on a balance of DVC and the shooter is using a gun that is really fast and really accurate, that needs to be balanced with the requirement making it hurt when you dont shoot A's. If you split PCC into Major and Minor, Minor wouldnt have a chance since there is no capacity bump when shooting Minor like our other split divisions(Open excluded),  and Major guys would be breaking guns and maybe worse. Production guys have already figured out how to shoot A's and if you look at Iron Sight Nats they did very well in the combined standings(if you care about such drivel).