Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DeltaPoint Pro Drop Test?

jkrispies

I was curious if anybody has seen a drop test on a DeltaPoint Pro?   I googled it and got no where.  Curious if the protective hood holds up to claims.  Thanks, John

I bounced one across the room (6 or 7 feet on a carpeted floor) one night before a match. It held zero just fine and had no damage.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks.  I assume it was on a gun and landed on the optic itself?   I'm trying to decide between a DPP and RTS2 and the main thing making me consider the DPP is the reinforced hood.  If I don't know that the hood actually protects it I'll stick with the RTS2.  

Thanks.  I assume it was on a gun and landed on the optic itself?   I'm trying to decide between a DPP and RTS2 and the main thing making me consider the DPP is the reinforced hood.  If I don't know that the hood actually protects it I'll stick with the RTS2.  

Yes, it was an open gun and it landed on the optic at least once in the bouncing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

The 2.5MOA DPP is seriously bright too.

I run one in CO, and have never played with a dot under 6MOA before which seemed like it would work in bright sunlight. But man, you are not going to lose this thing.

It’s got my friends with the 7.5MOA triangle thinking about switching, because the triangle isn’t nearly as bright.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Well I have a lot of FF3s, RTS2s and DPPs 2.5.  I went to the RTS2 because the Burris 8MOA dot was not bright enough to use on white steel if full sunlight.  The RTS2 is much better in that regard, but only when the batteries are new.  Once they get down to 3.0v the dot begins to dim.  At 2.8 they are shot.  On one, the battery will last 2-3 shoots.  The second will last for one shoot without dimming the dot between stages.  The third will not last an entire shoot unless I turn the dot down between stages.

The DPP 2.5 is brighter than the RTS2 by quite a bit, and it stays bright.  I got my first DPP attached to a backup Open gun I bought.  I have no idea how long the last owner had the battery in for, but I've used it for three matches and it is still as bright as when I started.  I have no trouble picking up the dot on bright white steel in full sunlight,  and that is through medium dark shooting glasses and cataracts.

The metal shroud around the optic is about 1/8" above the plastic, and it's sturdy.  You would have to give it quite a hit to dent it enough to touch the plastic.  Although I like the larger glass on the RTS2, I prefer everything else about the DPP.  If I were starting over, I'd go with all DPPs.

Edited by zzt

7 hours ago, zzt said:

I have no trouble picking up the dot on bright white steel in full sunlight,  and that is through medium dark shooting glasses and cataracts.

Are you telling me that the DPP cures cataracts?   Finally somebody sold me on one!!!!

Edited by jkrispies

zzt

how does the smaller dot size of the DPP compare to the rts

i have a rts2 with a 6 moa dot and I wish it was bigger, I’ve read the DPP is brighter, but I’m wondering how does it compare size wise to the rts or a slide ride with a 8moa dot 

14 minutes ago, rishii said:

zzt

how does the smaller dot size of the DPP compare to the rts

i have a rts2 with a 6 moa dot and I wish it was bigger, I’ve read the DPP is brighter, but I’m wondering how does it compare size wise to the rts or a slide ride with a 8moa dot 

I haven't spent much time behind an RTS2, but I have compared them.  To me, the 2.5 MOA DPP appears very similar in size to the 6 MOA RTS2 at similar brightness settings.  Your eyes may be different, but that's what I see.

I see it the pretty much the same as TJ.  It is definitely smaller than an 8MOA dot, even bloomed at full brightness.  All of my 6MOA RTS2s are the same and very, very slightly smaller than the 6MOA Slideride.  The DPP is only 2.5MOA when it is at its lowest setting.  One or two clicks up and it's apparently larger. I would say it always looks a little smaller than 6MOA.  It's hard to judge at the highest settings, because it blooms and looks like a red glow with a nova in the center.  It is definitely brighter than any other sight I've seen.

I just went down to test the new one I bought.  With a fresh battery (supplied with the sight) , full brightness is a little brighter than full on the well used battery.  I'll tell you that if you have any trouble seeing this dot in any kind of light, you are blind as a bat.

Edited by zzt