Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Area 2

JohnRodriguez

Yesterday at the ICORE match in Mesa the discussion of the Area 2 match came up. I'm in the process of trying to get Vic Pickett to pick up a iron sighted revo, and it looks like he might go for it. You could see the light bulb above his head go off when he realized the the winner of the A2 gets a slot to next years nationals. Who know? You might see the rubber chicken at the nationals in 2006. Should be a strong field of experienced revo shooters at the classic this year. I'm going to stop goofing off and try and get my "A" card before the match. The applications should be out on Aug 1st at www.riopractical.com

I'd be pretty interested in shooting A2, especially if we could generate a good turn-out in Revo division. Time and cost may be limiting factors...

John, out of curiosity, what's your source on the Nationals slot thing? I thought there had to be 20 shooters signed up for a particular division (or hypothetically, a class within a division) in order for Nat'ls slots to be awarded. I'm not up-to-speed on the policies, so I'd be happy to be corrected on that.....

So who else is thinking about going to shoot Revo at the Rio?

Mike

Mike there is a clause about winning your class at an Area Match that gets you an automatic slot for the next years nationals, Check it out at www.USPSA.org.

Something about Nationals slots policy.....

See you in almost 2 weeks.

SAM

I can count 7 people who are going to shoot revo at rio, I'm not sure if Furbee is going to shoot again this year or Mike Tilly, who place 2nd last year. I think that Eric Leach is going to shoot revo there also. Cliff Walsh mentioned to me that he would like to shoot the classic again if he had the chance. And CLiff good luck at the nationals and WS in august. It looks like it'll be a hell of a traveling week for you guys

Hey Eric, work on Pat Hogue whenever you see him, also when is you B-day??? I've got some places I'm going to take you to if your 21 when you show up in November.

JohnRodriguez, if the group has room for more I can swing it this year. I think I can get two more revolver shooters to join me as well. I came over from IDPA this year but two of my friends have been shooting IPSC and ICORE for awhile.

should be enough room. The trick to the area 2 is signing up right away, don't wait for the week after Aug 1st, sign up and send Barbara your money afterwards, and if you decide not to go let here know to take your name off the list.

If you love run and gun stages, then the classic should have 11 of them.

John,

I will be shooting in Revo at the Classic this year, and I suspect kevin Arquette might also. Jason will be shooting, not sure if with a revo or a bottomfeeder. He's talking about trying to shoot it twice-what a glutton for punishment! :ph34r:

Jason could do it if his leg holds out. This year Rudy is sponsering me so I might ask if they will let me shoot 2 guns (revo and limited) I'll run limited on thursday with the ro's if they let me, but so far i'm just toying with the idea.

• 2 weeks later...
I could probably talk myself into shooting Area 2. 

If I remember correctly, it's shot on multiple days, isn't it? Due to the large number of shooters?

RO's shoot on Thursday.

The rest shoot Friday/Saturday/Sunday - 11 stages.

On one of those days you will be shooting early, like 7am.