Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

POI changed after installing new barrel.

jameslee1223

After fixing a previous problem with my G23 I've now encountered a new one. 

My son bought me a Lone Wolf threaded conversion barrel for my 23. It's chambered in 9mm. I took it to the range and couldn't hit 8" plates at 10 yards. Whoa. So out came the paper targets. The pistol now shoots 8.75" high at 25 yards.

Has anyone else had such a massive shift in the POI when using a conversion barrel?

Any advice on solutions? I'm leaning towards getting Dawson Precision adjustable sights. 

All depends on the gun, the barrel and the bullet weight and velocity. That's why you check POA/POI. Was your previous problem associated with shooting high also? 9" high at 25 yards is about a .050" change on the sights (either shorter rear, or a taller front to correct it). Usually adjustables do not have that much take up. Are you holding the gun high in the web of your hand with the correct grip?

Edited by 9x45

• 1 year later...
On 10/11/2017 at 7:07 PM, sigsauerfan said:

lone wolf....you  may  hit a  good enough one.....as  well  as  getting  a  dud  .KKM or  BARSTO  are  1 and  2  in my  book .

Agree.  I thought their older stuff was alright.  Their new alpha wolf barrels not so much.  I have had both and KKM.  If you're just plinking around...nothing wrong with lone wolf...but for competition or ccw I'd spend the extra $75 and get a KKM.