Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Foxtrot Mike Products FM-9

4 hours ago, jackson923 said:

I know that Foxtrot Mike was at 3 Gun Nation Nationals all this past week demo'ing rifles.  Could be why Paul hasn't gotten back to you.  I will also add that Foxtrot Mike was a heavy contributor to the prize table.  Support those that support the shooting sports!

I asked a month and a half ago. Still no response.

In process of putting together parts list to build complete upper , after reading this thread I  have interest. Does anyone have feedback of performance of complete upper only? I want to give shout out to KE Arms I was a blessed recipient of there Lower receiver at the AZ state championships, They were the Primary sponsor of the match. If they made a side charge upper receiver I would likely be purchasing from them.

8 hours ago, guidedmiscle said:

In process of putting together parts list to build complete upper , after reading this thread I  have interest. Does anyone have feedback of performance of complete upper only? I want to give shout out to KE Arms I was a blessed recipient of there Lower receiver at the AZ state championships, They were the Primary sponsor of the match. If they made a side charge upper receiver I would likely be purchasing from them.

I've had an opportunity to shoot the Foxtrot Mike uppers and I'm impressed. They are forward side charging handles that can be switched for left and right hand shooters.  Foxtrot Mike rifles were demo'ed this past weekend at the 3Gun Nation Nationals with 8,000 rounds of Tula 9mm ammo and no malfunctions. They are working on a bolt for Colt pattern mags as well as lowers.  

Feedback, Would be great to get, giving much consideration the FM-9 complete upper. I have no experience with forward side charge handle firearms. (Is it slower or any  part of design advantageous or counter?) Also having consideration of bolt (if has plug, if so can it be removed?) I have limited experience in tuning. I have interest in giving consideration to different combinations of bolt, spring and buffer combinations but like most have limited resources. If the bolt that comes in the FM-9 limits you or is not a good base to work with and would need to replace it for better tuning that would be counter productive.Would much prefer not to have to do much to it, seems to be a great buy and looks like all made in USA  Originally was going to get sidecharge receiver (Spartan, Gibbz, etc) for my build of upper. Have experience with 1 PCC tune, pulled the plug out of a STD bolt and used JP Enhanced silent capture system and a load  that works with it well(frontier 121 and titegroup at 132 PF. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking about one of these as an entry into PCC. The price is right. I shoot lefty and the lack of even a possibility of an ambi mag release is making me hesitate. Their website, or maybe their marketer's even warns that it's designed for the right handed shooter and leftys beware. Seems a little short sighted design 20% of your market out.

Any wisdom on this?

9 minutes ago, fiddler said:

I'm thinking about one of these as an entry into PCC. The price is right. I shoot lefty and the lack of even a possibility of an ambi mag release is making me hesitate. Their website, or maybe their marketer's even warns that it's designed for the right handed shooter and leftys beware. Seems a little short sighted design 20% of your market out.

Any wisdom on this?

Are you looking at what we are all talking about? The fm lower is Ambi has Ambi mag release.

AEBC55E6-4F0A-4A51-9EEF-1168D733804D.jpeg

35C25F7C-A67D-4346-A5BE-E059AE24A87F.jpeg

Edited by Garmil
  • 2 months later...

Well I cancelled my initial order because I got impatient but I do currently have one now.

My thoughts so far are.

Generally quality and finish it looks nice overall.

The ambi mag release feels and works awesome

The primary magwell is really tight, ets mags drop free factory Glock are very tight.

The safety is a different due to the grip design (no detent or spring) uses a plastic piece inside to hold in the positions. This will take a little getting used to feels different and not as positive as the standard set up. 

Lrbho has been intermittent so far but I don't blame the lower considering I'm using the taccom buffer, rifle spring and spacer in an A1 tube. It's in the 2nd/3rd stage by the time it gets to the bolt catch. 

IMG_20180223_35458.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 38superfan said:

How well are these holding up? I'm thinking of getting one after I sell off my scorpion. The evo is really nice, but I'm struggling with the ergos.

I have a complete upper purchased from PA that I have not put a round through. It feels and looks good. The forward side charging handle is forward of my grip. Its nice you are able to swap it R or L side. I have read some people have issue hitting hand/fingers on the mount of optics side chargers at upper receiver. I have hand cycled rounds through a few mags.  Only thing that given skepticism is unsure of comp then again it could be the best one on the market. If interested I,m  considering selling it. I won a receiver at a match

I bought an assembled FM-9 upper from Brownells during their Thanksgiving sales.  Mated to a New Frontier Armory lower built by "Critical Capabilities" (also Brownells sale).  Geissele trigger, Magpul collapsible, C-More Railway 8 MOA dot, misc. parts.  As I was building it I had a question and sent Foxtrot Mike an email.  'Paul' immediately texted back and we traded some photos that helped me figure out how to tune the ejector on the lower.

Just got out and tried it yesterday and it worked 100%.  

I heard something rattling around in the stock area and found that the back of the buffer tube (Trinity Force cheapy) had blown out!  Good thing the Magpul stock has a rubber pad covering the tube hole or I think the buffer would have slapped me pretty good.  I have emailed Trinity Force to see how they respond but I'm not sure I want another one from them.

Just for kicks I sent Paul the pictures (below) and he immediately responded with an offer to send me a FM-branded tube and HD spring.  Super customer service!

IMG_6614.jpeg.1bcc3caf3501590e228ef7fbcdef6c80.jpegIMG_6613.jpeg.46d9141676e37eb6d7779a966f298da6.jpegIMG_6612.jpeg.8964ffdb75f6546f80dd09bf7ee89f32.jpegIMG_6611.jpeg.e712cecce7d851be992caa45071d6f14.jpeg