Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mags Too Full

Honkeymcgee

Learned pretty quick to not cram that last round into your mags that you will be using to reload during a stage. 

I now always top off my big stick, top off the first mag in my belt(I use this one to strip a round off then insert my bigstick), and any other mags, I load up, then pull one round out before putting them on my belt. 

Then at the make ready command I make sure I check them all to ensure they will seat easily. 

This came after one local match that I was doing well in right up until the last stage. 

Had a 9 major bad range brass malfunction and to clear this I always have to drop the mag and rack the slide to eject the jacked up brass. 

Well I cleared the malfunction, grabbed my first mag, put it in and got back on target just in time to see the mag fall to the ground. 

Rinse and repeat for the rest of the mags on my belt......bend down, grab one off the ground and smack the crap out of it to make sure it seats......finish the stage about 4-5 seconds slower...

I. too, learned the hard way.

Stepped up to shoot a stage. The start began with the gun in the holster, unloaded, with the magazine lying on a barrel top a couple of feet away.

At the beep I moved to the barrel, grabbed the magazine, inserted it into the gun, and at that point everything went to hell in a hand basket.

The magazine was so full of ammo that there was no cushion when the top round hit the bottom of the slide. It bounced out of the gun, and on to the dirt.

Before I could recover it had gotten dark, so we all went home.

Edited by MikieM

• 3 weeks later...