Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Dillon D-Terminator Electronic Scale - Better?

3013.jpg

Got my new issue of Dillon's Blue Press today and noticed a new Dillon D-Terminator electronic scale on page 88.  It has a higher capacity than the earlier one, but that doesn't really matter to me because I only reload for pistol.

Anyone tried one of these new scales yet?  Are they any more accurate than the older version?  Mine's getting older and I've been thinking about getting a better scale for backup...  Wonder if this new scale would be an improvement?

The accuracy of all powder scales, whether digital or balance, is +/- .1 grain. The new scale has different electronics, so it can weigh heavier weights, and it is powder trickler friendly. The dust cover is built-in now as well. The display is larger, in case easier-to-read numbers are important.

On 9/7/2017 at 0:51 PM, dillon said:

The accuracy of all powder scales, whether digital or balance, is +/- .1 grain. The new scale has different electronics, so it can weigh heavier weights, and it is powder trickler friendly. The dust cover is built-in now as well. The display is larger, in case easier-to-read numbers are important.

Which is why I won't buy a "powder scale". There are plenty of lab scales that are accurate to .01gr. I've been using an Acculab Vicon 123 for 10 years, the model is discontinued but they have newer models. 

I've still got the Dillon 2 (or 3) models back... Thing is just rock solid I always check against beam and/or 1500 at the beginning of a session and it's always spot on.  Honestly to me newer is not always better, newer in electronics typically means making/finding it cheaper and cheaper offshore, so unless something's wrong with the old one I would suggest just sticking with it.