Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trying IPSC

Keola5o4

Anyone out there know how can I compete international tournaments "IPSC"? Plans to travel out country next year and always been on my bucket list.

Can anyone give the run down on where to start?

Like how to get a classified process, and how to travel with my pistols "preferably Australia"?

I'd start by selecting an upcoming event in Australia and contact

them directly, on the web.

Then, send them some quick questions.    :) 

But, I bet before you do that, someone will come along on BE and tell

you exactly how they do it     :bow:

You just sign up for the match, and ask the MD how to get your gun down there - they have

been thru this before - and they're happy to explain it to you.   

Might even be able to send you the forms necessary ....

Lots of USA matches help Canadians get thru customs, and vice versa - I'm

sure the Australians would be happy to give you everything you need.

Good luck in Australia   :) 

32 minutes ago, Austjoe said:

You will need a letter of investigation to a match then apply for an in port permit, we have lots of Level 3 

Letter of invitation?

How long does it take to get a permit?

I have the impression that Aussie laws might be tricky concerning borrowed guns?

A few top level IPSC shooters from O/S have shot our last couple of nationals.

I don't know the details of foreigners bringing in guns though and what the license requirements are but it can be done.

Where do you want to visit?

So far what I have research is if you have a firearms permit or evidence that the firearm is indeed yours before leaving the U.S "with filling out paperwork for the other country obviously " you can transport to some countries "or state to state within country" with proper paperwork and that deed for firearms ownership from what I'm hearing is almost like gold.

I'm looking on going on vacation next year to Australia, both shooting a ipsc match and visiting that country been on my bucket list for sometime now so why not do both [emoji23].

From the USA you will need a  CBT 4457 from, and they to see the gun,but don't walk in with it frist, If you are using a borrowed gun, as long as the owner is with you, you should be ok. The CBT4457 are easy to do

Anywhere in particular? If you are in Victoria around Easter time the Australian nationals are on. There are state titles held in February which will be a big also.

No where in particular, thanks for the suggestions! I will look into those they seem pretty fun!

From the USA you will need a  CBT 4457 from, and they to see the gun,but don't walk in with it frist, If you are using a borrowed gun, as long as the owner is with you, you should be ok. The CBT4457 are easy to do

Very valuable info, thanks a lot! I looked up the tsa for the CBT4457 and a lot came up to read, can I also bring ammo or do I need to buy in that country? Reason I ask is because I shoot 9 major