Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Opinions on this used 2011

ghosty

The executive was a hard chromed edge with a grey grip. 

As to the original question That is a good deal, however I would immediately change the recoil spring to a 12lb variable or you will beat the hell out of the gun. Assuming you are shooting .40 major. 

Edited by Woodsk

16 minutes ago, Woodsk said:

The executive was a hard chromed edge with a grey grip. 

As to the original question That is a good deal, however I would immediately change the recoil spring to a 12lb variable or you will beat the hell out of the gun. Assuming you are shooting .40 major. 

The gun is a 9mm and I'll be shooting factory ammo

I'll usually ask why they are selling it; given that this is essentially a new gun it doesn't really matter "why" but it's a good starting point.

In the case of a used gun I'd check the guys posting history on any forums to see if he's asking questions "How do I fix a gun I messed up?" and "I can't get this gun to work can someone help?"

My OPINION (worth exactly what you are paying for it) is that $2400 is a lot of money. A little bit of shopping and patience would probably get you a 9mm Eagle or maybe an Edge for quite a bit less money. Less money spent on the gun is more money for ammo/matches/training.

What are you planning on doing with it? It's not a bad deal, not a screaming deal either. If you're looking to shoot USPSA Limited I'd suggest looking elsewhere for a used Edge in 40 so you can shoot major. 

If you're looking for 3 gun the 9mm is probably preferable. Even then, the gun isn't a screaming deal, its a fair ish price.

14 minutes ago, KrymSIX said:

What are you planning on doing with it? It's not a bad deal, not a screaming deal either. If you're looking to shoot USPSA Limited I'd suggest looking elsewhere for a used Edge in 40 so you can shoot major. 

If you're looking for 3 gun the 9mm is probably preferable. Even then, the gun isn't a screaming deal, its a fair ish price.

Mostly gonna be 3 gun. Maybe uspsa but if I do uspsa I'm fine with minor. Not good enough for it to make a giant difference. Mainly just wanna shoot