Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Allowing Multiple Division Shooters at Matches

nuidad

Had to look it up...

6.2.4 Subject to the prior approval of the Match Director, a competitor may enter a match in more than one Division. However, the competitor may compete for match score in only one Division, and that must be the first attempt in all cases. Any subsequent attempts in another Division will not count for match recognition.
6.2.4.1 Level I matches may allow competitors to enter multiple Divisions for match recognition.

So, only the first Division you shoot counts for score - except if it is a Level 1 Match and the powers that be allow getting a score in another Division.

I shoot IPSC, anyway, and there it is even more clear: "the competitor may compete for score in only one Division, and that must be the first attempt in all cases." - no exceptions.

Edited by perttime

12 hours ago, Hammer002 said:

Curious, how come rimfire first?  Cause makes the smaller splats first?  Just wondering. 

Yes.  It's much easier to see rimfire hits on a freshly painted plate than one that has 5 centerfire hits on it already.  And you're less likely to mistake a .22 hit for a centerfire hit.

10 hours ago, perttime said:

Had to look it up...

So, only the first Division you shoot counts for score - except if it is a Level 1 Match and the powers that be allow getting a score in another Division.

I shoot IPSC, anyway, and there it is even more clear: "the competitor may compete for score in only one Division, and that must be the first attempt in all cases." - no exceptions.

Somehow I read it one was for score and second for recognition making wonder the difference.  Got it now, they were diferentiating between level 1 and above.

7 hours ago, JAFO said:

Yes.  It's much easier to see rimfire hits on a freshly painted plate than one that has 5 centerfire hits on it already.  And you're less likely to mistake a .22 hit for a centerfire hit.

Figured that was where you were coming from.  Second time around, I just let the RO call it as he sees fit.  If he didn't hear it or see it, call a miss.  My second gun is usually just that, secondary.

• 1 month later...

Due to lack of matches avail in my work area North Dakota I try to shoot 2 divisions at the match. Just trying to get trigger time. When I am home in South Texas there are several matches all week to go to so I shoot one gun.

Allowing some shooters to shoot 2 divisions, while others shoot only one is not fair.  While they shoot twice as much, the others reset and paste twice as much.  In addition, the whole match takes longer.  Make a choice.  Pick one gun and shoot it.