Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shotgun Sights

syme71

MMC makes a set that's technically a ghost ring, but feels strangely like a set of Garand irons. I love mine to death. You can even get them with tritium inserts! Woo-hoo, Tactical!

Seriously, MMC's ghost ring in a pretty sturdy set of sights- fast, too. My only caveat would be to get a solder-on front sight instead of a banded one. i but the banded one with the big blade guards on my 590, and love the way it looks sooooo much like an M1 front sight- until I got Kroil under it and it got a shad loose. I think they may be on MMC's website, but I got mine through Brownells, so yu might want to check them out there.

A lot of the guys here like the flip up rifle sight doved tailed in at the rear of the rib. Flip it up for slugs or long clay bird shots and leave it down for the close fast work. Try to find a smith that has done these before or PM me and I'll give a good one. LOL Keith

Inter-chanable F.O. front sight. The flip up rear is O>K> if you are only shooting slugs, but latly the slus are mixed w/ shot & there is not time to ues them. Make sure to know where it hit's with slugs w/ the front sight only.

I removed the Ghost ring sights from my M1S90 and put on a 21" VR barrel.

I like it alot better, the GR sights are great on an AR, not so fast IMHO on a shotgun.

Just my .o2

I do not know if the stuff I took off will fit your SG, if it will PM me and I can make you a heck of a deal.

Travis F.

These are the sights that I put on my Rem 1100...XS Sights

I have the 24/7 Express Rifle Sights in the lower left of the page. I really like these sights because they are not very obtrusive when shooting quickly at close targets and they are accurate for those longer range slug shots. Unfortunately, I think that only make them for Rem right now.

XS is going to release express sights for Benelli barrels pretty soon. (the vent rib field ones). I have been using the prototype for awhile and they are great. Basically, just like a set of Express pistol sights, dovetailed into the rib. A basic front bead/dot, and a tiny short express rear with a white vertical bar about .100" tall. You don't even notice it shooting fast bird shot targets, but it comes into focus easily when a 50 yard slug target appears (and you throttle back to line it up). Hideous pic below...

post-3686-1120745022_thumb.jpg