Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2, reloading help- Pics inside

jtrump

Basically I just got the pistol today, and now that I've got the barrel I'm developing loads for it.    the first pic is a 1.114 OAL,   and the second pic being a 1.076 OAL.

The Question at hand is, does that brass need to sit flush with that black hood that is fitted to the breach face?  it doesn't seem possible on this platform.  Can I load as long as I want as long as it plunks and spins freely without engaging the rifling?      

Ive got 135g bayou and 147 plated

IMG_2414.thumb.jpg.ea646042e72efd6db5767f4c532f3ad4.jpg 

1.076.jpg

Yep, empty brass sits right there..   Thanks guy I feel a little better now..     New to the platform, and reloading for this gun "got it today woohooo"  so working up loads to chrono tomorrow and it just didn't look right for what I'm use to loading in .40/9mm

Checked my Bayou 135 reloads this evening, they sit about the same height as in your first picture; not quite a full rim thickness above that portion of the barrel sticking out.

P.S. It appears you've opened up 3 threads on this topic (2 here, 1 in 9mm reloading) I suggest you close 2. 

Edited by muncie21

9 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

Checked my Bayou 135 reloads this evening, they sit about the same height as in your first picture; not quite a full rim thickness above that portion of the barrel sticking out.

P.S. It appears you've opened up 3 threads on this topic (2 here, 1 in 9mm reloading) I suggest you close 2. 

Yea the website spazzed out on me,  I can't seem to find where to close/delete the thread.  I tried as I know there's no reason for double posts.